2016 Predict The Season Thread

GB wins the North because nobody else has it together enough to make a run for it. Only possibility is if Bradford stays healthy Vikes have an outside shot...

Best I can do is 9-7 at this point. GB beginning of the year will be ugly. Lack of depth in the trenches will hurt. GB also won't be able to physically stand up to WAS or NYG.. Possibly 10-6 because I flipped a coin on the ATL game.

At Jaguars L
At Vikings L
Lions W
Giants L
Cowboys W
Bears W
At Falcons L
Colts W
At Titans W
At Redskins L
At Eagles W
Texans L
Seahawks L
At Bears W
Vikings W
At Lions W

Getting Jordy back and adding Cook at TE will help balance the loss of Sitton. Lane Taylor will play better than preseason if only because he will have better people on each side of him, if he doesn't we will see Tretter at LG when Linsley gets back. Adams as a #3 WR will see more success than when he was overmatched as #2 last year. Fat Eddie is back to Hungry Eddie in a contract year. DL is still my biggest fear. Pennel back after 4 games should help clog the middle. Young ILBs will be balanced by one of the top 3 defensive backfields in the NFL. Crosby is steady and the new punter looks promising. So.....I think 11-5 or 12-4. We win in Duckland the second week with Eddie Scoring the first regular season TD in the new US Bank stadium.

This could be one of the strangest years we've had in a few. I look at it somewhat like the season we went into the bye week on top of the world. The Packers had beaten everyone that mattered - flat out.

After the bye, they fell on their rears. I've heard all kinds of excuses and reasoning but only one stood out to me. The league had figured them out, and the coaches did nothing over the bye, to change their look. They ended up locked into a system that was no longer workable, and didn't have a clue as to what to do, to change it.

Is this a year like that? Could we be something like 5-1, and end up 9-7, out of the playoffs?

I read what everyone out here says, and I honestly agree that any of what's said could happen.

I'm going to say we go 10-6, and just barely make the playoffs because the Vikings falter due to QB problems. If they do miss the playoffs (Packers), I expect McCarthy will get the ax.

This could be one of the strangest years we've had in a few. I look at it somewhat like the season we went into the bye week on top of the world. The Packers had beaten everyone that mattered - flat out.

After the bye, they fell on their rears. I've heard all kinds of excuses and reasoning but only one stood out to me. The league had figured them out, and the coaches did nothing over the bye, to change their look. They ended up locked into a system that was no longer workable, and didn't have a clue as to what to do, to change it.

Is this a year like that? Could we be something like 5-1, and end up 9-7, out of the playoffs?

I read what everyone out here says, and I honestly agree that any of what's said could happen.

I'm going to say we go 10-6, and just barely make the playoffs because the Vikings falter due to QB problems. If they do miss the playoffs (Packers), I expect McCarthy will get the ax.

Do you expect MN to win the division with their QB issues?

Do you expect MN to win the division with their QB issues?

No. I don't expect them to win it, and you're right - Their QB problems are going to play a big part in their season.

Then I think of Zimmer and his coaching style. I can picture him putting the ball in Peterson's hands 25 to 30 times a game, and having a "caretaker QB," who avoids turnovers, makes the expected plays. A somewhat similar scenario to what we saw in Denver, when Manning went under center at the end of the year.

That said, I see the Vikings at 2-3 five games in. They can beat the Titans early, and the Giants in week #4. But I see them as losers against Green Bay, Carolina, and Houston in weeks #2, 3, & 5. After their bye, they could beat Philadelphia, Chicago, and Detroit. But.... 2-1 over that stretch would be what I see. At 5-4, if the Packers are 6-3, they have a shot at us. If we're 7-2, we will win out. The second half could be difficult for both teams. The Packers second half might be a nightmare.

Talk about getting it wrong, I certainly did when it came to predicting this season. Who would have thought that the Vikings could lose their QB, and Adrian Peterson, and still end up being far enough ahead of anyone in the Division to have it wrapped up by week 14!

I also figured the Packers would get off to a 5-1 start. Not quite that good, but close enough that I don't feel I was wrong on that one. The problem is, I don't see them winning with authority, so 10-6 might be difficult to get. I'll stick with it but won't add a win to make it 11.

I have also seen enough of the injuries to make it a point to say that McCarthy will keep his job because the front office will accept this again this year, as the reason the wheels fell off the bus. But, don't bet the life savings on it.

I think we're going to see a lot of new faces in GB next year, and a lot of vets sent packing.

I think MM might be under some pressure. I can't believe the way TT operates and thinks that his draft choices haven't brought better results. If TT doesn't plan on retiring in the next year or two he just might pull the trigger. It's more of his reputation on the line than MM's and I think he takes that seriously. Just my two cents worth.

i still think 11-5 is reachable. i thought the vikings were headed for 15-1, but the loss to the bears and the subsequent resignation of their o.c. leads me to think they have some issues. a week ago i would have said that there was no way we would win the division. now, i think it might be possible. if we get some of our injured players back soon enough, who knows what could happen.

i still think 11-5 is reachable. i thought the vikings were headed for 15-1, but the loss to the bears and the subsequent resignation of their o.c. leads me to think they have some issues. a week ago i would have said that there was no way we would win the division. now, i think it might be possible. if we get some of our injured players back soon enough, who knows what could happen.

I tend to agree with that. Vikings may excel with a new coordinator. I still think Detroit will be in the mix too.

Back