2022 Badger Football Thread

WI will never have that kind of money to support HI sports. 99% of money comes from the taxpayer.
And there you have the difference of what football means to a community. It's their culture in the South, and unless you see it, and experience it, the whole thing is hard to understand.

If you have a kid who starts playing football at 8 years of age, he's introduced to the offenses and defenses that are employed by their local high school. It's made a little simpler, but every level they go to, prior to HS, they become more immersed in it. A lot of these kids can be plugged into the system the day they hit high school, and understand it. They've been living it, for years.

Trenches, Trenches, Trenches. We are getting absolutely manhandled there on offense and defense. So un-Wisconsin like, and it needs to change immediately if things are ever going to get turned around. So utterly perplexing, too, considering the talent on that OL. Makes me think a gutting of the coaching staff, including Leonhard, is necessary.

Trenches, Trenches, Trenches. We are getting absolutely manhandled there on offense and defense. So un-Wisconsin like, and it needs to change immediately if things are ever going to get turned around. So utterly perplexing, too, considering the talent on that OL. Makes me think a gutting of the coaching staff, including Leonhard, is necessary.
Nothing changed, last week they played off emotion from the coaching change. This week same team and staff as before. A fresh start is what UW needs.

Possibly need a new coaching staff, but these kids - especially on the line - don't appear to have much heart

Absolutely, weather and other things hinder WI recruiting.

But, there is a lot to sell about Madison and WI.

WI is a winter wonderland: Snowmobiling, Cross Country Skiing, Winter Festivals, Sliding down the hill on a food tray, sledding, Broomball, Ice Skating, Hockey, Ice Fishing, Sports and other activities.

WI is an outdoor paradise: Fishing, hunting, boating, hiking, camping, Festivals, Sports and other activities.
You forgot about sauna and skinny dipping as great winter activities!

I think that's just what may happen at the end of the season. Please, don't take this the wrong way, but maybe this quiets the crowd who's clamoring for JL? The AD kills 2 birds with one stone. PC is gone and JL takes the fall as well. Insert new HC and the new AD sinks or swims with his guy. Maybe a guy with different ties/or no ties to the program?

This game was mostly a regression to the way they were playing a couple of weeks ago. They were dominated on both sides of the line and played mostly inept in the secondary. A few more games like this and Leonard won't even be considered as the permanent coach.

In the end this might be the best thing for the team to move completely away from the Barry Alvarez tree.

Absolutely, weather and other things hinder WI recruiting.

But, there is a lot to sell about Madison and WI.

WI is a winter wonderland: Snowmobiling, Cross Country Skiing, Winter Festivals, Sliding down the hill on a food tray, sledding, Broomball, Ice Skating, Hockey, Ice Fishing, Sports and other activities.

WI is an outdoor paradise: Fishing, hunting, boating, hiking, camping, Festivals, Sports and other activities.

No it's not for everyone and it's better for the recruit and WI to discover it's not a match. BUT, there are a lot of Football Players that love that stuff. Instead of admitting it's a detriment, sell it as the fun it is.
And when does a kid have time for all of these winter activities. Between practice, class load , weight room and meetings it’s not even a thought. And most kids leave for summer

I think that's just what may happen at the end of the season. Please, don't take this the wrong way, but maybe this quiets the crowd who's clamoring for JL? The AD kills 2 birds with one stone. PC is gone and JL takes the fall as well. Insert new HC and the new AD sinks or swims with his guy. Maybe a guy with different ties/or no ties to the program?
I honestly think McIntosh and The Emperor want JL to get the gig. Do I wish they would look outside the program absolutely but due to budgets they are not paying a new HC more than $3m per. To that point JL got zero bump with the interim title. So be careful what you wish for.

Back