2023 Badger Football Thread

@jessetemple

Wisconsin wide receiver Chimere Dike has entered the transfer portal as a graduate transfer, The Athletic has learned. Big news.

I'm a little disappointed with Dike leaving because it's kinda rare to get a local kid who plays well at the skill positions. Still, I understand why and hope he does well. The team had been giving more snaps to Vinnie Anthony and Quincy Burroughs in the most recent games. Both probably are a little faster than Dike. I think they can adequately replace his production.

The move for Brown being lateral, I wonder if it was a mutual agreement between him and Fickell that he should be looking for work?
Given the state of the WR corps as the season went on, I'm sure Fickell wasn't happy with the job Brown was doing.

At first I wondered why they would spend money on heating a field that doesn't get used after November. It makes sense in the bigger picture. With the playoffs going to 12 teams and first round games being played at the home stadium of the higher ranked teams, a December game becomes possible. Hopefully they get to use that feature in December in one of the next few seasons!

Former Syracuse EDGE Leon Lowery has de-committed from Wisconsin. He committed to the Badgers last night. Follow the NIL $$$

I see the Badgers made an offer to Henry, who's leaving Michigan State. He's a speed burner who can get behind defenders. He was also MSU's primary kick off and punt return man. If he joins the Badgers, he'd be an immediate replacement for Dike with some speed to add to the mix. He has two years of eligibility left.

I think I see where this is going. They're now separating the wheat from the chaff. Guys who will be replaced on the field are being informed it's going to happen, so they're putting themselves in the portal. It let's them choose out rather than being sent packing. It doesn't lessen their market value for other teams that way. Anyhow, that's my guess.

@jessetemple

Wisconsin wide receiver Chimere Dike has entered the transfer portal as a graduate transfer, The Athletic has learned. Big news.
and just to be clear - when they enter the transfer portal, they're no longer eligible for the bowl game, correct?

Lowery Jr. decommitted from the Badgers on Monday less than 24 hours after he committed because he and his mother, Fatimah James, concluded he'd rushed his decision after a weekend visit, according to his agent, Chris Wash. Lowery directed all questions about his recruitment to Wash and his co-agent, Darren Wilson. "Leon had some visits set up with Oregon State and Baylor as well, and when he committed other schools were reaching out as well," Wash told BadgerExtra. "I believe when he got home and spoke to his mother about everything that was going on, she said that she thought that he rushed his decision and needed to see what other options he had. She basically felt like he rushed, and I guess that he agreed with that."

Back