2024 Badger Football Thread

An old friend of mine, who is nearing 90, was privy to information related to Fickell's recruiting at Cincinnati. I believe in what this man says, because he has a track record of coaching for over 45 years, and as a HC, in HS, and college, only had 2 losing records, and they were the first year when he took over horrible programs that weren't capable of winning anything the year before. In both cases, he turned them into viable competitors in two, and in both, won championships in their 4th year.

His statement about how Fickell recruits was; "He can find the needles in haystacks."

What he was saying is that Fickell and his personnel find hidden talent. You might see a kid as a 3-star recruit according to services, but Fickell and his people see beyond the ratings, to untapped potential, and this is what they look for in players.

He went on to say that no matter where the services rank his "gets" in the portal, rest assured he's getting players that are not only talented and have huge potential, he's getting players that will report on day one ready to hit the field, because he doesn't recruit players that have questionable work ethics.

As far as HS players, he looks at their potential even more than their production in HS, because he realizes that there are limited resources in most HS to bring the most out in a player. His evaluations rarely match that of the ranking services.

The guy knows what he's talking about. I can't mention his name, because I'd lose the pipeline to him, and he could be shut out from his sources as well. I might also add that this information is months old. This is what he told me at about the time the Badgers were playing in the previous bowl game.

So over half of UW starting D going to be new?

AJ is a name from the past. One of the better centers in the Big 10 a decade ago or more? He knows the jobs.

Sounds like Jahsiah Galvan, the linebacker transfer from Northern Iowa, has re-entered the portal and is now apparently moving on to Stanford. They brought in a lot of LBs in the portal so it's not a surprise there are guys moving one. I expect more to hit the portal before it's all done.

That cuts them to 90 at this time. Will be at 85 after spring practice. There will be movement in May, when the portal opens again. I think the Badgers will still make some upgrades as well, if possible. Maybe even in May.

Terrance Floyd, who played cornerback at Wisconsin from 2011-14, has died. The program announced his death Tuesday night.

Floyd appeared in 21 games during his time in Madison, totaling six tackles during that time. According to UW, he was a teacher in his home state of Florida at the time of his passing. No details were made available at the time of publication.

“Our hearts and deepest condolences go out to the family and friends of Terrance Floyd,” the program said. “After playing for the Badgers from 2011-2014, he went on to pursue his passion as an elementary school teacher in his home state of Florida. Rest in Peace, Terrance.”

Sources: Alabama is expected to hire Wisconsin safeties coach/CO-DC Colin Hitschler as an assistant coach.

Reading Hitschler was a big part of UW recuriting.

Hitschler did a good job with them this past year. They performed well above expectations. I don't know about his recruiting skills, but if they were that good, I hope they can replace with him somebody as good at both ends of the job.

Hitschler was a high level recruiter. He was certainly well regarded to be going to Alabama. Hopefully this doesn't affect the status of the 2025 kids they already have commitments from, especially Moss and Haddad the safeties.

Now they have an opening for co-defensive coordinator/safeties coach - it's set up for you Jim Leonard sc)).

Back