4-star TE adds to Badgers impressive 2019 recruiting class

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The ink isn’t even ready on the fax machine for national signing day to finish up the 2018 class, but already the Wisconsin Badgers 2019 recruiting class is off to a flying start. On Monday morning that class grew by one, as 4-star tight end Hayden Rucci gave his verbal pledge to the Badgers. New Chapter… pic.twitter.com/FAqhmNcq59 — Hayden Rucci (@haydengucci) February 5, 2018...

Source

Continue reading...

6-5, 225#. This kid is big, and he's only a 16 year old junior! He's going to be huge by the time he graduates from HS. It also appears he's no dummy. Duke & Northwestern were recruiting him. It's nice having student athletes. It's the way all programs should be run.

At this point, it looks like the next two recruiting classes are going to be early contributors, and big time players. It's really getting exciting, as if it wasn't already!!!

Yup, that 2019 class is really starting to look like a difference making type group.

I think the 2018 group is solid, but probably won't contribute much next year. The RB, Watson, might get some snaps behind Taylor depending on what happens withJames, Shaw, Deal, and the rest of the current RB group. Watson seems like he might be better than any of the current back-ups. Beyond that, I don't see anyone contributing on offense as the OL, QB, RB, FB, TE and WR positions are all pretty well covered. It's pretty likely that one of the '18 CBs might get to contribute right away as they are a little thin there. They might also need someone to step up at DL - Mullins and Williams seem like a couple of more "ready" DL in that 2018 group.

Gonna be fun to watch Bucky for the next few years for sure.

I see a few red-shirts in the mix over the next two years, making this run at talent string out for five years. A nice haul, if they all stick.

What bothers me is the number of red shirts who leave after their 3rd year of actually playing. I understand why they would, because of the money, and potential loss of money, due to injury, and other things. It's just that you need the ROI in college.

Be as it may, it's a tremendous two year signing group.

6-5, 225#. This kid is big, and he's only a 16 year old junior! He's going to be huge by the time he graduates from HS. It also appears he's no dummy. Duke & Northwestern were recruiting him. It's nice having student athletes. It's the way all programs should be run.

At this point, it looks like the next two recruiting classes are going to be early contributors, and big time players. It's really getting exciting, as if it wasn't already!!!

That kid's gonna add another 20-30 lbs before college easy, and then just load up once the Badgers' S&C staff gets him.

He's gonna end up playing OT or DE. tc(

That kid's gonna add another 20-30 lbs before college easy, and then just load up once the Badgers' S&C staff gets him.

He's gonna end up playing OT or DE. tc(

Imagine, if he had enough speed, to still play TE at the size he'll be. Shocked(

Another Gronk?

I say he grows into an OT or DE also. Going to be a huge boy.

Imagine, if he had enough speed, to still play TE at the size he'll be. Shocked(

Another Gronk?

I say he grows into an OT or DE also. Going to be a huge boy.

That would be something.

Also, let's not forget that JJ Watt went to college as a TE... look how well that switch worked out.

Back