Aaron Rodgers not consulted on Packers' QB coaching change

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Packers quarterback spoke about some of the changes in Green Bay during a radio appearance at the Super Bowl.

home

Continue reading...

Well, my quarterback coach didn’t get retained," Rodgers said. “I thought that was an interesting change, really without consulting me. There’s a close connection between quarterback and quarterback coach, and that was an interesting decision.”

[bcolor=#ffff00]"really without consulting me. [/bcolor] "Are kidding me ! Listen up you arrogant overbearing SOB.... Your not the HC nor are you the front office. How about learning to throw the ball away rather then holding for the deep ball before running your yapper ! rant)csr(

I honestly DGAF about Aaron's opinions on AVP. The Packers shouldn't focus on hiring his buddies - they need to focus on hiring coaches that will make them better. It doesn't really matter who Aaron's QB Coach is - he's a HOFer regardless. But those backups need to show progress, and Hundley wasn't good last year.

Sounds like Van Pelt wanted to leave. He wanted to be an OC. He let his contract run out to be a "free agent". And he didn't get an OC job anyway. So sure, Rodgers is miffed but it doesn't sound like Van Pelt was let go, he left. Although CIgnetti was hired 1/10 and Van Pelt was hired by the Bengals on 1/12. So who knows.sh))

[bcolor=#ffff00]"really without consulting me. [/bcolor] "Are kidding me ! Listen up you arrogant overbearing SOB.... Your not the HC nor are you the front office. How about learning to throw the ball away rather then holding for the deep ball before running your yapper ! rant)csr(

Aaron is Arrogant, no doubt it. FIGJAM (F*** Im Good Just Ask Me) is the nick name I hear he has in some circle's. It's times like this he just needs to say "no comment" or be a little subtle.

The more I see it play out, the more I'm wondering if Rodgers is angling for a way out of Green Bay ? He lives in LA. New GF lives in Arizona. Why not finish off his career out west and than hang it up? I don't know since that season 3-4 yrs ago he seems kind of stand offish and disinterested in being a Packer. tc(

When Rodgers becomes GM or HC then he can have a say on the coaching staff. Till then he is paid as a player and that's what he should do play not worry who his coach is. Not like AVP was going to teach anything to Rodgers. This is just you did not try keeping my friend and I'm pissed.

I hate the Cignetti hire but starting to feel bad for the guy, having to deal with this PITA.

The dumbest part is that it's been all but confirmed that AVP wanted out. If AR is so close with him why didn't he know that? He acts like MM fired AVP. Besides, they run a system very familiar to him, he gets so much leeway and they brought back the OC with whom he's had tremendous success - what's he complaining about?

I hate the Cignetti hire but starting to feel bad for the guy, having to deal with this PITA.

The dumbest part is that it's been all but confirmed that AVP wanted out. If AR is so close with him why didn't he know that? He acts like MM fired AVP. Besides, they run a system very familiar to him, he gets so much leeway and they brought back the OC with whom he's had tremendous success - what's he complaining about?
TMJ is running a scenario where he is rather candid about NE being the best team in FB etc. Maybe he wants to replace Brady ? Who knows. But spouting off isn't helping.

TMJ is running a scenario where he is rather candid about NE being the best team in FB etc. Maybe he wants to replace Brady ? Who knows. But spouting off isn't helping.

Maybe he is unhappy in GB and wants things to change more money who knows. If MM does not get job down this year he could be gone and then makes you wonder if AR will want a say in a new HC to keep him happy.

Back