And the #1 pick is.....????

TW

Reaction score
I like this! The Browns are saying they're going with either Allen or Darnold as the #1 pick. I don't believe a word of it. I think they go with Barkley, or get someone in #2 or #3 to pony up something to do a flip with them for that #1. They could add another pick, maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round, maybe even that #2 or #3 pick in the second round. Imagine what it would do for them?

Anyone who did the flip with them would be sucked in for one of those two guys, and the chances are, they'd go with Barkley anyhow with the second or third pick, and still grab a guy they want with the 4th pick in the round.

This whole dance at the top is getting really interesting.

Who goes #1?

I like this! The Browns are saying they're going with either Allen or Darnold as the #1 pick. I don't believe a word of it. I think they go with Barkley, or get someone in #2 or #3 to pony up something to do a flip with them for that #1. They could add another pick, maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round, maybe even that #2 or #3 pick in the second round. Imagine what it would do for them?

Anyone who did the flip with them would be sucked in for one of those two guys, and the chances are, they'd go with Barkley anyhow with the second or third pick, and still grab a guy they want with the 4th pick in the round.

This whole dance at the top is getting really interesting.

Who goes #1?

I think zero chance they are taking Barkley at 1. I think they will go Allen or Darnold at 1. You need your franchise QB first and you don't want your 3rd or 4th choice as what the Browns could have at 4.

From reports Browns are down to Allen or Darnold and some in the Browns FO favor Allen and if the Browns take Allen at 1 that the Giants will take Darnold at 2 but if the Browns take Darnold at 1 the Giants will then take either Chubb or Barkley at 2.

I think if we see Allen Darnold and then Rosen go 1,2,3 we then see Buffalo give up whatever they need to move to 4 and take Mayfield. This would help the Packers out as then I think the Browns at the 12th pick they would get from Buffalo go OL which would push one of those first tier defensive players to the Packers at 14. First tier D players I have the following (Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Ward, Vea, Edmunds, Smith, James)

I think they swing big and go with Allen #1. Seems like a Dorsey move. There is no reason for them to take Barkley at #1 when odds are good he'll be there at 4. And if he's not and the Giants take him at #2, ho hum, they take Chubb at #4 then take Guice, Chubb or Jones at #33.

If there is as small a difference in upside in the top 4 QBs as everyone thinks, you absolutely take Barkley at 1 and then the best of the 2 remaining QBs at 4. Look what Elliott did for Dallas as a rookie or what Bell does for Pittsburgh. I think Barkley is more of a sure thing than Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Mayfield.

Bold Prediction: Cleveland goes Barkley - Mayfield and makes the playoffs next year.

What all of you are saying is exactly what makes this draft one of the most interesting I've ever seen at the top. Those first four to six picks are dynamite, and we could see a trade right up to the last second of each pick, before taken. I've always made it a point to record the first round, so I could go through it quickly, instead of listening to all the idiotic talk about who goes where, but this time around, I'm probably going to watch all the way through the Packers first pick.

I don't remember seeing a volatile first round like this one is. Guys who were listed high are now down into the second round, and guys who were just blips on the board are at, or near the top. Allen is a prime example. A lot of people were saying he might not have even been worth a second round pick. I've seen him as a first half of first round pick since the start, but he played himself out, and back up even higher as a potential pick.

I'm gonna blindly throw out a prediction. Browns take Barkley 1 and get their QB at 4. Not sure who they really value at QB, especially with some of the latest reports of them having interest in Mayfield. I do think the thought of them possibly getting their QB at 1 and then Chubb at 4 might be more realistic.

I still believe the Browns talk about Mayfield is to draw attention away from Allen, who they want at #4, after Barkley at #1.

We'll see in a few hours.

I also don't see the Packers trading up. They have too many picks, and anyone they'd want to trade up with would demand too high of a price, because of our pick #s.

I still believe the Browns talk about Mayfield is to draw attention away from Allen, who they want at #4, after Barkley at #1.

We'll see in a few hours.

I also don't see the Packers trading up. They have too many picks, and anyone they'd want to trade up with would demand too high of a price, because of our pick #s.

I tend to agree. I think the Pack needs to restock and I'd hate to see them give up too many picks.

Wow! If Barkley goes #1, when was the last time a RB was picked in that spot??

The guy could be a "generational" player, but it sure does change the positional value landscape!

With all the talent available at the top, with regard to QB's, taking Barkley #1 could be the smartest move that Dorsey would make in this draft. A player like Barkley in the backfield would take pressure off ANY QB to have to carry a team on their shoulders.

Just looked it up.

Ki-Jana Carter went #1 to Cincy back in 1995.

Reactions: TW
Wow! If Barkley goes #1, when was the last time a RB was picked in that spot??

The guy could be a "generational" player, but it sure does change the positional value landscape!

With all the talent available at the top, with regard to QB's, taking Barkley #1 could be the smartest move that Dorsey would make in this draft. A player like Barkley in the backfield would take pressure off ANY QB to have to carry a team on their shoulders.

Just looked it up.

Ki-Jana Carter went #1 to Cincy back in 1995.

I didn't realize it's been that long since an RB went #1. That's amazing, considering all the good RBs coming into the league over that period of time.

I still believe it's Barkley first. They can still get their franchise QB at #4.

Back