AR Prediction Thread

Thing is what incentive is there for Rodgers to redo his deal? $59 million guaranteed next year $49 million next year. He could tell GB to go pound sand on a new contract.
So Gutey trades him and Bakhtiari to the Texans in exchange for a third rounder. Boom. Ok, Panthers sounds good lol.

I think this going to June 1st, or whatever the date is when his cap hit potentially goes way down. I think Rodgers wants to be back if he can do it on his terms, including keeping certain guys on the team and more front-loading of his restructured salary. His cap number is all but prohibitive for nearly every team in the league, including the Packers, and even he has acknowledged that restructuring his contract has to be part of the deal, whether he stays or is traded.

So he can pressure them until June 1st, at which point the Packers can move on, but can't get much for him in a trade. Unless there's a team he really wants to join, I'm worried about a stalemate here. I do think the Packers are more than happy to move on at this point, as they should be.

I think this going to June 1st, or whatever the date is when his cap hit potentially goes way down. I think Rodgers wants to be back if he can do it on his terms, including keeping certain guys on the team and more front-loading of his restructured salary. His cap number is all but prohibitive for nearly every team in the league, including the Packers, and even he has acknowledged that restructuring his contract has to be part of the deal, whether he stays or is traded.

So he can pressure them until June 1st, at which point the Packers can move on, but can't get much for him in a trade. Unless there's a team he really wants to join, I'm worried about a stalemate here. I do think the Packers are more than happy to move on at this point, as they should be.
See, I don't think he wants to drag this out if they tell him they don't want him. In the past they were begging him to stay so sure, he could jerk them around (and ya know what, when you grovel you deserve to get jerked around). If they have the talk and the team says they want to move on, I don't see any actual incentive for him to fight a war of attrition on his way out the door.

A few things I'm seeing.

First, Rodgers will not officially retire until after June's deadline, to push a chunk of his last check into next season. No matter what's transpired between him and the front office, that's not going to happen.

Secondly, I don't think he'd even consider a trade to a team that couldn't win 12 to 13 games with him, and will go all in, to have him on the field. I'm not going to go into salary, but it would probably one year at a time, with him having UFA status at the end of that year. At best, an option for him, for a second year, to guarantee him some extra money.

Now, on that potential trade. I believe it will come "after" the draft. Reason? Teams will want to hold this year's picks, but be willing to give up something next year. As far as what these potential suitors will offer? Don't think of it as a feeding frenzy. It's not going to be nearly as much as people think, and I believe some of the picks offered will be based on his performance with the new team.

This whole thing is a corn maze. Lots of dead ends in where it appears to be going, but when you figure it out, it will all sound so simple.

A few things I'm seeing.

First, Rodgers will not officially retire until after June's deadline, to push a chunk of his last check into next season. No matter what's transpired between him and the front office, that's not going to happen.

Secondly, I don't think he'd even consider a trade to a team that couldn't win 12 to 13 games with him, and will go all in, to have him on the field. I'm not going to go into salary, but it would probably one year at a time, with him having UFA status at the end of that year. At best, an option for him, for a second year, to guarantee him some extra money.

Now, on that potential trade. I believe it will come "after" the draft. Reason? Teams will want to hold this year's picks, but be willing to give up something next year. As far as what these potential suitors will offer? Don't think of it as a feeding frenzy. It's not going to be nearly as much as people think, and I believe some of the picks offered will be based on his performance with the new team.

This whole thing is a corn maze. Lots of dead ends in where it appears to be going, but when you figure it out, it will all sound so simple.
If Rodgers won't commit to at least 2 years no team will even consider a trade for Rodgers they won't play the year to year BS game GB does with him.

If Rodgers won't commit to at least 2 years no team will even consider a trade for Rodgers they won't play the year to year BS game GB does with him.
He may say he'd do two years, but I'd bet he insists on an escape clause, and that's where the performance issue comes in on the picks the Packers get. It's as much going to be being there, as actual results.

I don't believe for a heartbeat that any team is going to offer up anything near what is being thrown around by people as to what they think he's worth. It simply isn't going to happen.

Now, consider this. Even if he did sign a 2 year deal, he could split after one year, to retire. That's the rub in any deal the Packers will get, from another team. They certainly aren't going to go in blind.

I am sure Rodgers plays this year and say its 50/50 if he is back in GB or goes elsewhere. If traded, he will bring a #1 for sure and possibly 2 #1 picks,,,or a #1 and a couple picks a little lower, like 2 # 2 picks or a #2 and a #3. I think he has a couple good years left and the biggest hurdle will be the new team negotiating a new deal that works for them. I am ok with him staying or with him going.

I DO think a retirement is more and more an option unlike many here,

Single, no kids.... no wife. Loaded down in cash...has other things he wants to do( his words not mine) I mean other than the obvious ego items he could walk away Monday and know he is in the HOF, he himself destroyed the "he won't go in with Brady" myth last month...

So not going to shock me if he throws the keys on the table and calls it a day.

I DO think a retirement is more and more an option unlike many here,

Single, no kids.... no wife. Loaded down in cash...has other things he wants to do( his words not mine) I mean other than the obvious ego items he could walk away Monday and know he is in the HOF, he himself destroyed the "he won't go in with Brady" myth last month...

So not going to shock me if he throws the keys on the table and calls it a day.
Could a trade of say a 2nd round pick and Corey Davis to GB for Rodgers work?

Back