Badgers announce home-and-home series with UCLA

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
In what is becoming an increasingly rare situation, the Wisconsin Badgers announced a massive home-and-home series with a fellow Power 5 conference opponent on Tuesday afternoon. That home-and-home matchup will be between the Badgers and the UCLA Bruins. It is scheduled for the 2029 and 2030 seasons, so we all know a lot can change between now and then. Still, this is a major win for fans, as it...

Source

Continue reading...

Big step for Bucky !

That's a good match-up. I'm 76 years old, and hope I can watch both games. I want to see the Badgers crush them!

I remember the Badgers doing a home and away with UCLA when I was young (yes, a long time ago). I guess once every 40-50 years is better than nothing.

Nice get. I think this is going to be the reality going forward - 1 game against a power-5 conference team, one game against a lower level FBS team and a 3rd game against a gimme who is willing to come to Camp Randall without a return game. Badgers get the extra home game, the gimme gets a nice payday for their program.

It's the reality of college sports finance.

It is all about money. I have a friend, associated with a lesser southwestern university. They can't pay for their programs without taking on games where they know they're being raw meat thrown to piranhas. The money they get from one game, playing someone like the Badgers, covers half of their entire season's losses in a sport like basketball, or football. As far as attendance at games, 5 to 10,000 at football games, and often less than 500 at basketball games, and a lot of that is student tickets, and family members of players.

It's the price you pay to run with the big dogs, if you can't be a consistent winner, and pick up major bowl money.

What I do think both teams see as a plus is the fact that the Bruins play in the Rose Bowl, and they're looking at a shot for 100,000 fans for a game. That would mean a great pay day for both teams.

Back