Brewers trade top prospects for Miami outfielder Christian Yelich

CrewNation

Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Brewers give up outfielder Lewis Brinson, second baseman Isan Diaz, outfielder Monte Harrison and right-handed pitcher Jordan Yamamoto.

brewers

Continue reading...

The Brewers continue making moves today. Multiple reports say that Milwaukee has signed Lorenzo Cain to a five year contract worth $80 million wideeye))br)

@jcrasnick
More
Lorenzo Cain has agreed on a 5-year, $80M deal with the #Brewers, source says. It’s the biggest free agent contract of the off season. The deal includes no-trade protection and significant award bonuses. Milwaukee building a super outfield with addition of Yelich and Cain.

WHOA!!! thumbsup

Hope they have this right. I think they are a year or two early on these kinds of moves. I think they over-achieved last year and might well take a step back this season. Hopefully they are adding enough pieces to prevent that and continue to contend. I think the quiet free agent market made this possible.

Still, they have a ton of outfield depth, so trading Brinson is not the worst thing they could have done. They are also deep up the middle, so Diaz won't be missed all that much either.

Back