Cincinnati Bengals vs. Green Bay Packers: How we see it

M

Mark Eckel

The Cincinnati Bengals are the only team that nether Green Bay head coach Mike McCarthy, nor quarterback Aaron Rodgers has ever defeated.

Sunday, both will get another chance to complete a clean sweep of the rest of the league when the Packers host the winless Bengals at Lambeau Field.

Here’s how the staff at bobmcginnfootball.com sees the game unfolding.

Bob McGinn: Three times in the last five seasons the Packers got off to a 1-2 start. They’re favored by nine against the Bengals but could be without six starters due to injury. If the Packers, minus Mike Daniels and Nick Perry, can’t stop the run, don’t be surprised if the outcome isn’t decided until the bitter end.

Charlie McGinn: Following another embarrassing defeat at the hands of the Atlanta Falcons, the Packers should be out for blood. Even with a desperate Cincinnati team visiting Lambeau, Sunday afternoon and a laundry list of injuries, I expect Aaron Rodgers & Co. to take care of business. Green Bay 26, Cincinnati 13

Rob Reischel: Cincinnati has the NFL’s most inept offense, with no touchdowns and nine total points through the first two weeks. Despite their defensive injuries, Green Bay will stymie the Bengals, while the Packers’ offense will start to establish some rhythm. Green Bay 27, Cincinnati 10

Mark Eckel: The Bengals are simply not as bad as they looked the first two weeks and now jobs are on the line. The Packers could be without as many as eight key players and when you add in coming off a tough loss to the Falcons and the archrival Bears in four days this is the definition of a trap game. Home field is the only saving grace. Green Bay 23, Cincinnati 20

The post Cincinnati Bengals vs. Green Bay Packers: How we see it appeared first on Bob McGinn Football.

Continue reading...

There we have it. The Packers win, but it won't be easy.

I totally agree. Winning today is the important issue, not by "how much." The Packers are seriously wounded, and coming off a win to play the Bears, and being much more healthy, is exactly where we need to be.

I think it's Packers 27 Bengals 24 Not a cakewalk, and it's a 4th quarter TD that puts us ahead.

Packers easy 38-13. Bungles have no fire power on defense to slow Rodgers down

There we have it. The Packers win, but it won't be easy.

I totally agree. Winning today is the important issue, not by "how much." The Packers are seriously wounded, and coming off a win to play the Bears, and being much more healthy, is exactly where we need to be.

I think it's Packers 27 Bengals 24 Not a cakewalk, and it's a 4th quarter TD that puts us ahead.

I wasn't too far off. The Packers need to get it together before Thursday, or the Bears are going to be tough.

Back