Daniels going on IR?

TW

Reaction score
It appears the Packers are putting Daniels on IR, and bringing Francois back. This begs an answer to the questions some of us had, on what kind of injuries are being reported, and how factual the statements are.

I indicated, in a thread, that I thought Daniels suffered a hamstring injury at the hip. If not allowed to heal, it can be a serious injury. Though I didn't mention it, there's a chance that surgery will be required, if it's not allowed to heal properly, and is re-injured.

Based on the Packers release of info on Daniels, I'm going to repeat how foolish I thought they were, even playing him this past Sunday. They may have destroyed his entire season, and that of the Packers defensive line, with their actions.

Article

The Packers officially released Pankey instead of putting Daniels on IR. I'm interested in why there was talk of him going on IR, and it's changed. I guess they figure our O-Line is healed.

I assume they didn't put Daniels on IR because he doesn't need to be on IR.

Frankly it's bizarre that they're protecting Pipkins or even Hawkins and going thin at more banged up positions.

The way they protect marginal DBs, maybe they plan on fielding a "Mighty Mouse" defense, which is one DL and 10 DBs?

The Packers officially released Pankey instead of putting Daniels on IR. I'm interested in why there was talk of him going on IR, and it's changed. I guess they figure our O-Line is healed.

Officially they IR'd Spriggs and Pankey was still on the active roster as of 10 minutes ago.

Officially they IR'd Spriggs and Pankey was still on the active roster as of 10 minutes ago.

Apparently they aren't exactly certain what they intend doing from moment to moment. It almost sounds like someone is making arbitrary decisions, then someone comes along and changes their minds for them. Before they're through, they should have a half dozen guys wondering if they're still part of the team or not. I never did figure out why they didn't put Spriggs on IR considering he probably wouldn't be back, on the roster, no matter what. At least they can work with him, and see if he can contribute next year.

Apparently they aren't exactly certain what they intend doing from moment to moment. It almost sounds like someone is making arbitrary decisions, then someone comes along and changes their minds for them. Before they're through, they should have a half dozen guys wondering if they're still part of the team or not. I never did figure out why they didn't put Spriggs on IR considering he probably wouldn't be back, on the roster, no matter what. At least they can work with him, and see if he can contribute next year.

Well, either that or the sources that reported otherwise are unreliable and/or guessing.

Agree rp, there is so much thirst for info and to be the first to report, that these reports come out after "someone" sorta "inside" tells someone something and it gets reported as truth before the information is ever official.

Back