Eddie Lacy out for weeks?

Let's hope Ripkowski can bring at least half as much to the table as Kuhn did when it comes to making key blocks in the backfield. I believe that one of the things that irks Rodgers is that they let Kuhn go, when they could have signed him for the veteran minimum. Kuhn did everything asked of him, so that's another decrease in backfield capability that we have.

To be honest I thought letting Kuhn go was the smart move. Rip did show some flashes and we had a bunch of young RB's to choose from.. Then they let all of those young RB's go, and MM stopped using the FB the same way he did with Kuhn.

I suppose we will.

MM said as much yesterday.

Oh, joy. (said nobody ever)
Hah, but what makes this particularly important now is that the Bears aren't supposed to be all that hot versus the run and here we are about to plug in one of two backs that we are completely unfamiliar with.
A betting man now has it most likely being this practice squad player named Jackson or Kniles Davis. I'd tend to think Davis was brought in just in case Jackson does not work out.

Well, I suppose they're both being given a chance.

Maybe. Or perhaps they're just pawns to draw attention away from Monty and Cobb. I assume that won't work, because......MM.

omg. I'm such a downer. Shocked(

Well, I suppose they're both being given a chance.

Maybe. Or perhaps they're just pawns to draw attention away from Monty and Cobb. I assume that won't work, because......MM.

omg. I'm such a downer. Shocked(
Such uncertainty, it's a total crapshoot trying to predict who will line up behind Rodgers.

My super long shot here but I'll go with Don Jackson getting the carries, we'll call him Donny J....

Devils advocate position here but Starks is up there and Lacy has a lot of hits and hard miles on him - is it possible the O could benefit from a young RB with fresh legs?

Also just throwing it out there, Don Jackson is a great name for a one hit wonder, flash in the pan GB folk hero. Just saying.

Temper the enthusiasm over Davis. He's not the Savior of the backfield as he was lost on KC's depth chart. Suffered major injury in college and has never been the same player since. Might have been good for us as a second back but holding my breath for him being a bellcow and his durability.
Then why let Spiller and Forsett just walk away to be signed elsewhere? Then go out and trade a precious draft pick for this?? Is Ted not well? I'll never understand that guy. sh)) FP(

Back