FOX CEO blames ratings drop on oversaturation

Cheesedog

Reaction score
FOX CEO blames ratings drop on oversaturation

“There’s a question mark for the NFL, which is just to think hard about how they’re licensing,” Murdoch said at the Paley International Council Summit in New York, via Jason Lynch of AdWeek.com. “So I do think the proliferation of Thursday availability — and the proliferation of football generally — does mean that you’re asking a lot from customers to watch Thursday. And then they watch a lot more college football games on Saturdays, and then on Sundays, and then on Monday Night Football, etc. It’s a lot. So I do think that preserving the scarcity value of those events and that audience is something that is worth thinking about.”

The idiots along with the NCAA have over saturated the market. Sunday Afternoon/Monday night is more than enough NFL. Put the NCAA back on Saturday's only. Somethings shouldn't be messed with.

No doubt about it, too much of a good thing. It's like your favorite food. Let's say it's lobster. You go out to eat, and for a special meal, you have lobster. It's fantastic!

Now assume you're wealthy, and a doctor says; "You need to eat lobster 3 times a day, no other meat, nor fish, or you're going to die in less than a week." Tell me how much you enjoy lobster in about two months.

I'm there with football. Way too much of it. I have Sunday Ticket, and where I used to browse through other games during time outs, and between quarters, and opposite hours. But, with all the free coverage today, I don't even bother. If it wasn't the only way I could get Packer games, I'd dump it tomorrow.

Back