Good article on Ted Thompson

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packer Football' started by kingkoopa, Jan 9, 2018.

1. kingkoopa

kingkoopa Member

Ratings:
    +372 / 3
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/01/09/p...mmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Mark87

Mark87 Carpe Diem Admin

Ratings:
    +1,855 / 0
    Great read ! Thank you ! br)

3. Budman

Budman Lifetime Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Great read king. It's good to see some of these articles about TT. We knew he was a private guy and there's probably not much out there but this gives a glimpse into his world.

4. 57packer

57packer 2017 Draft Guru

Ratings:
    +811 / 1
    Brandt gives us some new insight and some of what he says explains what we saw.

People used to say TT was arrogant, or whatever, and that was why he didn't speak to the fans and press. I think he was just really uncomfortable doing it so just avoided it . . . and he could make the call to skip out on doing it. He was a scout at heart, and not a public type guy. In that respect it might have been a mistake to hire him, especially for Green Bay where the GM has to be the face of the front office. There is no owner and Murphy stays away from the football side of things (until now).

I'm just surprised Murphy and the BOD allowed this to be the mode of operation for this long. It's great that he trusted his people and delegated to them, it's a mistake for Murphy to allow the coaches and others to take the heat while the GM is at home snoozing, or out on the road scouting Appalachian State. I'm not surprised MM was ticked off about stuff like that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Budman

Budman Lifetime Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    And the more that comes out, the more I'm understanding why Murphy went the route he did.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TW

TW Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,204 / 14
    Good article. It's not really news to those who have seen behind the curtain at 1265 Lombardi Ave. The problem is, if you talked about any of it, you were told you didn't know what the hell you were talking about. The problem, with fans, is that they see something a little different than what it really is.

Wolf is gone. I knew he'd leave. I also know that despite what Guntey said publicly, he wanted him gone. The two of them were vying for the same job, from day one, years ago. Remember in Mad Max; "Two men enter, one comes out?" You should, because that's the name of the game almost everywhere, when it comes to moving ahead on the job. The first time you're passed over for the guy next to you for that all-important job, you might as well pack it in, and move on.

As far as what goes on behind closed doors, I'm surprised that anyone out here didn't understand that there were problems. They'd even gone to the point of lifting press passes because writers were starting to lift the veil of secrecy behind those doors, and they weren't about to allow it to happen.

Enjoy the ride, and don't be fooled by the fact that their pressers will constantly put lipstick on the pig, because no matter how much they use, a pig is still a pig, and in this case, something still stinks behind those doors.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GBkrzygrl

GBkrzygrl Member

Ratings:
    +212 / 0
    Thanks for sharing the article, King. It was apparent to me that Ted was very uncomfortable in front of the press. I did not see arrogance, I saw introvert. He did some really good things for this club and should be CLP)for that. But it is time for some changes. I am excited to see what happens moving forward.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Budman

Budman Lifetime Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Perfect sentiments. Couldn't have said it any better.

9. Whiskey Sam

Whiskey Sam Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Outstanding piece. I've always had a high degree of respect for Brandt. Good to hear this sort of stuff coming from a former Packer insider.

• Like Like x 2
  10. 44blitz

44blitz Lifetime Member

Ratings:
    +213 / 1
    Really good insight there. thumbsup

• Like Like x 1