Jimmy Graham Contract Numbers

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
Details on Jimmy Graham‘s contract with the Packers: it's three years and $30 million and includes an $11 million signing bonus. It also includes a $5 million roster bonus due on the third day of the 2019 league year. Graham will make $2 million in salary and other bonuses this season for a total of $13 million in the first year. The $11 million signing bonus is the only guaranteed money.

Year 1 5.67
Year 2 12.67
Year 3. 11.66

Packers can bail after year one if they do it before Graham gets his $5 million roster bonus in 2019.

Last edited:
OK, so the Graham deal only counts about $6mil against the CAP this year. That's less than I thought. Means they probably have about $10-12mil in CAP space after the rookies are signed. Not a ton, but room for another player. Maybe a CB on a Wilkerson 1-yr "prove-it" type deal.

OK, so the Graham deal only counts about $6mil against the CAP this year. That's less than I thought. Means they probably have about $10-12mil in CAP space after the rookies are signed. Not a ton, but room for another player. Maybe a CB on a Wilkerson 1-yr "prove-it" type deal.
spotrac shows the Packers 21 million under the cap after the 9+ million for the draft pool. They have plenty to sign a couple more guys if they choose.

Edit: Actually they don't have Wilkerson's numbers in so take away another 5 million from that.

Last edited:
spotrac shows the Packers 21 million under the cap after the 9+ million for the draft pool. They have plenty to sign a couple more guys if they choose.

Edit: Actually they don't have Wilkerson's numbers in so take away another 5 million from that.

Actually draft pool will be about 5 million If all 12 guys make it you have to take 12 guys off the bottom 51 of the cap on the roster which is about $4 or so million in cap space so with Wilkerson and the draft picks about 11 million or so would be right.

Actually draft pool will be about 5 million If all 12 guys make it you have to take 12 guys off the bottom 51 of the cap on the roster which is about $4 or so million in cap space so with Wilkerson and the draft picks about 11 million or so would be right.
That is true. But they started at 21 million with the draft pool so with your adjustment they should be back around 20 after the Wilkerson deal. I'm not sure if they have all the tendered guys updated either so I'm guessing spotrac isn't very accurate right now.

A new article on Jimmy Graham came out, so I'm bumping this thread

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...stem-cells-controversial-treatment/685848002/

Reading past the medical info, which is interesting itself... boy this sounds like a guy with bad knees who is barely holding on. Seems even more risky now to have signed him for that amount of money.
If I am reading the contract right it looks like a 1 year deal in reality. The $5.3M roster bonus is due on the 3rd league day of 2019 and dead money is $7.3M vs cap hit of $12.6M in 2019.

A new article on Jimmy Graham came out, so I'm bumping this thread

https://www.jsonline.com/story/spor...stem-cells-controversial-treatment/685848002/

Reading past the medical info, which is interesting itself... boy this sounds like a guy with bad knees who is barely holding on. Seems even more risky now to have signed him for that amount of money.

I totally agree. This could be just another person destined for IR. That said, I would imagine that's why they dipped as deep as they did in FA and the draft, to cover the spot. Probably go in with a possible 4th TE to start the season. It's really interesting that based on our history of players out with injuries that they'd take this leap of faith.

Even if it is a 1 year deal, add to that the fact that by all accounts the offense is going to feature this guy heavily. They moved on from Jordy with Graham in mind as someone to replace his production. Then we find out apparently his knees are so bad that as a last resort he's doing these experimental stem cell treatments, which may or may not have repercussions for him in the near or distant future... it's both money and mental capital they have invested in him. Even if it is just a year, that's a year wasted for the team if things go south for him.

Back