Lack of Superbowls Staining Packer's Legacy

This ones simple ..in the last 25 yrs GB has had 2 HOF QB running the show. In that span they have had 2 SB wins. That's about as piss poor as you can get.

That spans 4 HC and 2 GM .. several DC etc. Point fingers ... get your undies in a bunch all you want because the green and gold gets a negative review but it's still without a doubt a poor record with 2 HOF QB.

Who else in that time span had 2 HOF QB ?

Do you believe we don't have a chance to win another SB before Aaron Rodgers retires? If so then the management (GM & HC) of this franchise needs to go. Of course, do we want to start all over at this stage of Rodgers' career?

Do you believe we don't have a chance to win another SB before Aaron Rodgers retires? If so then the management (GM & HC) of this franchise needs to go. Of course, do we want to start all over at this stage of Rodgers' career?

Do I believe Capers defense can win a title ? No Do I believe MM/TT can seed this team with 2 deep talent? Not really ? To be 100 % honest this team feels a lot like the last couple yrs of Lindy.....

So, there are only 7 franchises in league history who have made the playoffs 8/9 years in a row but because we are one of two who haven't appeared in multiple SBs during such a stretch it is staining our legacy?? smh Glad to see every one is on board, now. Just don't understand the question marks. :)

When Dallas and the 49ers appeared in multiple SBs in a 8/9 year stretch this was back in the 80s. I think I undersand what you're getting at here, but
When the Steelers did this it was back in the 70s when Chuck Noll was the HC. what does mentioning Noll accomplish, other than to point out that perhaps MM isn't Noll?
The Colts did it when they were still in Baltimore. Does the location matter, or is this just another way of saying it was a long time ago?
When the Rams appeared in a SB in an 8 year stretch Chuck Knox was the HC. Again, is this comparing Knox to Noll to MM?

How can you compare what we are doing today with what these teams - outside of NE - did years ago with different offensive and defensive rules in place? The change in rules is consistent NOW, in that the same rules apply during the regular season, playoffs, and SB - if one is to brag on making the playoffs many years in succession, I think it's disingenuous to then bring up previous rule changes as an excuse for not finishing off the playoffs. What NE is doing in these past 8 years is historic and I doubt we'll see another team replicate this in our lifetime. But to disparage what we are doing under this regime because we haven't appeared in multiple SBs is just sad IMO. The key point in all sports forum discussions. Nobody can question how you feel about all this, but you should be able to understand how many of us think the 'sad' part is the lack of several highly obtainable Lombardis. When fans of other teams, other than NE, hear this kind of talk from Packers fans they think we sound like spoiled brats. As always, I would dispute the 'spoiled' label, as I apply that to folks who get whatever they ask for, and we certainly haven't. Change that to 'greedy', and I'd have a hard time arguing. :)

So if the change in the rules is consistent since 2000 why aren't there other teams doing what NE is doing right now? Are they all incompetent boobs like you all seem to think McCarthy and Thompson are?

There are only 2 teams who have been made the playoffs 8 straight seasons since the 1980s and one of them have been on an historic run that none of us will likely see again in our lifetime. The other is the team and regime Mark described as resembling the Lindy Infante years. I've read a lot of inane stuff on a lot of Packers forums over the years but that one takes the cake. You'll have to excuse me...

So if the change in the rules is consistent since 2000 why aren't there other teams doing what NE is doing right now? Are they all incompetent boobs like you all seem to think McCarthy and Thompson are?

There are only 2 teams who have been made the playoffs 8 straight seasons since the 1980s and one of them have been on an historic run that none of us will likely see again in our lifetime. The other is the team and regime Mark described as resembling the Lindy Infante years. I've read a lot of inane stuff on a lot of Packers forums over the years but that one takes the cake. You'll have to excuse me...

I think you need to reread that I stated the last 2 yrs remind of the end of the Lindy era... Good QB.. Scoring offense most of the time but a stinky D that let us down a lot. That's not "inane" it's a valid observation.

Your certainly welcome to think this run is historic I am underwhelmed the last 2 seasons is all.

You seem to take offense to the slightest criticism of the staff and front office, they are culpable for much of our short falls over the last 3 seasons, they just have never regained their edge after that Seattle loss in my opinion.

I have to agree having 2 outstanding QB in 25 years and only 2 SB makes it very hard to swallow. Just because people are disappointed and openly criticize the team doesn't make any of us less the fans.tc(

You seem to take offense to the slightest criticism of the staff and front office, they are culpable for much of our short falls over the last 3 seasons, they just have never regained their edge after that Seattle loss in my opinion.

I have to agree having 2 outstanding QB in 25 years and only 2 SB makes it very hard to swallow. Just because people are disappointed and openly criticize the team doesn't make any of us less the fans.tc(
Agree.

Lombardi quotation: If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.

Bum Phillips: There are two kinds of coaches. Them that's fired, and them that's gonna be fired.

Putting it as simply as possible, no matter how good you are as a coach, and no matter how well you've done in the past, what you do today is all that matters. If the results aren't as good as expected, with the talent you have at your disposal, your job is in danger. Winning Super Bowls, and having winning seasons means nothing, unless you're doing it "NOW!"

Biggest thing holding this team back is injuries. It's been that way Mike's whole tenure. Sure, Mike's teams never come out of the gate ready to play and Mike tenses up during the playoffs. But the biggest issue holding them back is their inability to keep guys healthy.

When your players are looking for yoga teachers in the area and your star HB would rather work out with an infomercial guy, that should tell you something.

Back