Latest injury to Goodson cost him opportunity with 1st-team defense

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Green Bay — The same cornerback rating system that afforded undrafted rookie LaDarius Gunter a chance to work with the starting defense spit out numbers indicating Demetri Goodson was worthy of reward.

Continue reading...

Well I was one that really supported Goodson last year so I was hoping he would do well this year. Looks like his chances are really diminished now after suffering a second injury in 2 weeks. Too bad we won't get that chance to see him out there with the 1st team.

He was a mistake to ever draft. Had UDFA written all over him.

He would of had a good chance of making the team this year to. Will have a shot to catch on with another team if healthy.........or maybe they IR him and keep him here.

He was a mistake to ever draft. Had UDFA written all over him.

That mistake was outplaying the three guys everyone is talking about for a stretch between injuries. Not saying he was going to be a pro-bowler but he obviously had enough going for him that they kept him last year.

Watch out Eyecatcher. Goodson is a designated whipping boy here. Don't be pointing out that he might have some talent! (sarcasm)

Honestly? He has way more cover ability than Bush ever had and still might make the club as a special teams player who could play in a pinch. IMO.

He had a good game against the Eagles in limited action. Stuck his nose in on a few tackles and had tight coverage.

I really don't know what to expect. There are some big name guys who have had poor or lackluster camps who IMO should be cut to make room for some of these younger guys with potential.

Also interesting to me that our two starting CBs also appear to be the weakest tacklers by far, while Randall, Rollins, Gunter and Goodson have all been more than willing to fly to the ball. If run D at the line continues to be an issue, one wonders how long the current situation will last.

Back