Marks Mock Draft 1.0

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Standard draft with an extra 3rd and 2 5th's as comp picks.

Round 1.
Harold Landry, 3-4OLB, Boston College
Height: 6-3. Weight: 250

GB has to get more pass rush. It's possible GB has one of the Clemson players higher on the board but Landry has more production over time than those 2 players. GB fills a big need with pick 1.

Round 2.
Mike Hughes, CB, Central Florida
Height: 5-11. Weight: 185.

GB needs more corner talent and Hughes has created a buzz with some scouts. He's still on the board for Gote..who snaps him up. Hughes totaled four interceptions, 11 passes broken up, a forced fumble, and 49 tackles in 2017. He also was a dangerous kick returner, with two scores, and punt returner, including a punt-return touchdown.

Round 3 A
Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 260.

GB needs more talent here and while there maybe a couple other on the board his combination of speed and size will be something Gote can't pass on. He amassed 72 receptions for 1,111 yards and seven touchdowns in 2017. He put up even better production as a junior with 92 receptions for 1,293 yards and 11 touchdowns.

Round 3 B
Brian O'Neil*, OT, Pittsburgh
Height: 6-6. Weight: 305
A former WR turn OL. Great Athlete. Started 2 yrs at RT and his SR yr at LT. Big Upside OT NOT a OG tweener but a real OT. GB grabs him with the extra pick.

Round 4.

Luke Falk, QB, Washington State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 205
The Packers have to upgrade backup QB and start back acquiring talent at the position.Falk can run the offense. He'll need work but it's a needed add by GB

Round 5 A
Siran Neal, S, Jacksonville State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
Gote wants better depth enter Siren Neal, who is a smaller school gem. The senior is a a quality run defender and some coverage skills. Playing cornerback, he totaled 39 tackles with 11 passes broken up, a forced fumble and an interception in 2017. As a junior, he recorded 80 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, .5 sacks, four passes batted, one forced fumble and an interception. He'll move to safety in the NFL and really clean up.

Round 5 B TRADE UP... our comp 2 and a 7th

Deontay Burnett*, WR, USC
Height: 6-0. Weight: 170

GB sees him on the board and trades up to nab him. : Burnett has totaled 74 receptions for 975 yards and nine touchdowns in 2017. He doesn't have great size, but he is a quick receiver who is a quality route-runner.

Round 6
Folorunso Fatukasi, DT, Connecticut
Height: 6-4. Weight: 303.

GB finish with another guy that could have gone higher and is great value here. He adds youth and size to the DL. Fatukasi notched 45 tackles, 7.5 for a loss and four sacks in 2017

Sexy not at all.. but it addresses need and adds some nice depth.

Last edited:
A WR turned OL??? o_O thats not something you hear often..

Would love to get an actual OLB to play OLB...

Really hoping the G man does not share his ex boss's love affair with tweeners who dont really fit anywhere.

I see you went into the TT bag of tricks and scouted South Dakota State hof(

I see something of a repeat of the 2006 off-season. Sign a couple defensive free agents to plug holes, and draft a WR in rd 2. Pass rusher in Rd 1 is damn near a gimme unless something crazy happens like one of those top QBs falling.

Nice group. I think its almost 100% we grab one of the pass rushers in the 1st. Only other option might be smith but their will be some nice pass rush help at our pick

good group, hard to argue any of the picks. Only thing I didn't like with Fatukasi is he quit moving his feet a lot at the LOS. I like where our DL is at and he would have a hard time making the team. Adams should make a jump for 18

Very plausible. I wonder where the different plateaus hit. The QB questions near the top of the draft really leave things up in the air. I wonder who else you considered with the first pick? Love the trade up for WR Burnett, speed with hands. Also like bringing in a safety, beginning to think that position is not nearly as good as we're lead to believe. O'Neil is moving steadily up the charts.

Very plausible. I wonder where the different plateaus hit. The QB questions near the top of the draft really leave things up in the air. I wonder who else you considered with the first pick? Love the trade up for WR Burnett, speed with hands. Also like bringing in a safety, beginning to think that position is not nearly as good as we're lead to believe. O'Neil is moving steadily up the charts.
I did it before the DC hire but GB can't afford to leave a top pass rusher on the board. Goedert and Siren Neal are guys that the scouting guy's love... have to imagine with Gote in charge we need to pay attention to that more than before.

I was watching the Harold Landry you-tube feed you embedded, at about 1:13 the rapper said "Green Bay they check..."
I could be wrong old man ears have failed me before.

Back