McCarthy says Hundley wasn’t ready and it was everyone’s fault

Part of it goes back to the question of who is ultimately in control of the roster. It's been reported that MM had a big say, yet he essentially went on the attack against how the roster was put together and was clearly lobbying for more say, so I suspect this was a TT problem. We'll see what Gute and MM get done between now and mid-July on that front. If they bring back the same crew with MM having his share of the say, then MM is just flapping his gums again, and yes, his ego has clearly gotten in the way.
TT stated on many occasions publicly and in interviews that the roster was a MM decision, I truly believe Mike is trying to BS his way out of that rather than take responsibility.From here on out with Murphy in control he won't have that excuse.

Considering how he was talking during the season, yes I agree this is MM trying to cover his butt and blame others. He talked up Hundley and I really think MM thought Hundley is a better QB than he is, thought his offense was better than it was, and thinks of himself as a better OC than he really is.

Now I am on record stating Hundley did have enough talent to perform better than he did. However with a roster that is far less talented than many want to believe Hundley was never going to be successful. Partly because of lack of talent around him on offense, and partly because he isn't a good enough QB to make up for a horrible defense or bad play calling.

Remember Hundley wasn't a rookie, and wasn't some recently signed schlubb off the street. He had two years in MMs system and training... For MM to say what he did about not being prepared bh)bh)bh) is a damning indictment of his coaching, talent eval, and OC abilities.

Hundley is an inaccurate, indecisive and uninspiring QB. An abomination of Hyde proportions. There are plenty of QBs hard-knocking on the streets of Baltimore at this moment in space-time that are better than Hundley. Kap, Johnny Football, Flynn, to name a few.

Tell us how you really feel Harley! rofl(

TT stated on many occasions publicly and in interviews that the roster was a MM decision, I truly believe Mike is trying to BS his way out of that rather than take responsibility.From here on out with Murphy in control he won't have that excuse.

King Ted Thompson: Sir Mike McCarthy! You are hereby charged with slaying the dragon. What weapons will serve you best?

Sir Mike McCarthy: Some sort of torsion-powered ballista would be best, but at the very least a large sharp sword and stout shield.

::some days later::

King Ted Thompson: I have scoured the kingdom, and I present to you the best weapons I could find that also would not injure the kingdom's finances - a steak knife, and a butter knife. Choose!

Sir Mike McCarthy: ...... ::stares in disbelief:: ...... The butter knife...I guess...?

::Sir Mike McCarthy attacks the dragon with a butter knife and is immediately consumed in flame::

King Ted Thompson, to the media: Sir Mike McCarthy had final say over the roster of weapons.

Tis a tale of misery, hurting and dragons not vanquished. Well said vassal rpiotr01. You shall be rewarded with an extra spoon of corn to plant in your field for the King. Forthwith you shall be called rpi the mighty.

Back