Mellusi Injury

TW

Reaction score
According to this article, Mellusi would be eligible to return for a 6th year with the Badgers in 2024 if he so chooses, and of course, if they invite him back. It does create a potentially good option if Braelon Allen does decide to jump to the NFL after this season. Then again, it's possible that he, and/or the Badger coaching staff decides it's time for Chez to end his time with the program. Right now, the options appear they may be open.

Chez has already had a couple of major injuries. I'd certainly invite him back, even with the strong 2024 group of recruits coming in, but it might be time for him to move in another direction. He's their best back in pass protection so I'm sure he could bring something to the team since pass pro is the thing most young backs are bad at.

If they don't find a vet RB in the portal and he is wanting a 6th year I would bring him back if Allen leaves as the RB room would be very inexperenced.

I think the one thing that would bring him back is if he thought that by playing one more year he would find himself more attractive for the draft. Not certain that would happen anyhow.

They have 2 prime RB in the next class that were brought in for the task. Not sure Mellusi was factored into the equation, to be honest.

They have 2 prime RB in the next class that were brought in for the task. Not sure Mellusi was factored into the equation, to be honest.
I think the staff would prefer moving on. That scholarship could be valuable. I don't think they factored him in for next year either.

Back