New From TT SoundOff: Do the Packers have enough at Wide Receiver?

Titletown Soundoff

Reaction score
By mdarnieder

At this time last year, the Packers seemed to be set at wide receiver, boasting top end talent with Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson, both coming off Pro Bowl seasons, and promising young depth in Davante Adams, Jeff Janis, and Jared Abbrederis. Nonetheless, Ted Thompson did what he does best and drafted a wide receiver, adding Ty Montgomery to the ranks.

This year, after a perfect storm of injuries and career-worst performances sent the Packers wide receiver group to their least productive season in at least a decade, one of the many questions facing Ted Thompson this offseason is whether to trust that the returning players will be able to get the Packers offense back on track, or if reinforcements need to be brought in.

The first thing Thompson needs to do is assess what he has, and what he is likely to get from them next year. Lets take a look.

Read the rest here > http://titletownsoundoff.com/featured-stories/do-the-packers-have-enough-at-wide-receiver/

Yes, and we had plenty last year.

My god, Abby and Janis were what, #6 and #7 and when it came time for them to step up, THEY DID. In the playoffs. How many teams are that deep?

Past 87 and 18 it's an average group. Jury out on Adams

Yes, and we had plenty last year.

My god, Abby and Janis were what, #6 and #7 and when it came time for them to step up, THEY DID. In the playoffs. How many teams are that deep?
Abbrederis has to show he can stay healthy Janis has to show he can run more them simple routes.

Janis has to show he can run more them simple routes.
pretty ignorant comment. he ran almost every single route in the tree during the playoff loss. and he ran them successfully.

663516056_orig.png

176631728.png

Last edited:
It's more than running a route tree. It's finding spots in zone (Zona played man) and learning how to read coverages. He's still a project

pretty ignorant comment. he ran almost every single route in the tree during the playoff loss. and he ran them successfully.

663516056_orig.png

176631728.png
Incorrect not a ignorant comment. Pretty ignorant you post this and ignore that most is routes were straight up the field. I know most people think Janis is the greatest thing ever but fact it he is NOT a good route runner.

If Packers draft a WR I think Janis will be odd man out in GB. No one can deny that it seems he is not in favor with MM or AR for little playing time he gets.

663516056_orig.png

176631728.png
70% were simple slants, go routes or post. About 60% were go routes or slants. I guess you can spin it both ways. They were speed routes vs man coverage

Back