Official 2016 Week 7 Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

Bud,

I have no confidence in this team or coaching staff right now.

Hopefully, they will instill some confidence tomorrow night. cheesehead)

I have no effin' idea what's going to happen. Hoping MM would spread dem Bears out, their DBs are worse than ours.
1--2-3 throw! It's just weird, last week we worked extra on our passing game- turned out wonderfully? Now that we lost all our RBs MM says he'd like to run more. Makes perfect G**D*** sense huh? Seriously. What goes through this guys head? There is no lacking for opportunity here, not only could the WRs step up, they could take two steps up! Same with the TEs! oops, sorry, we don't have any. Offensively though 1-2-3 throw. Keep it simple and get some rhythm.
On defense, we don't have the manpower to sit back and cover soooo....PRESSURE. Make Hoyer move off his spot. He's not accurate on the run. Put Burnett on the LOS and jack Jeffries every play! He'll quit. Packers 21-10. Crosby kicks 7 effin FGs!hgh)

Man going to be interesting to watch with Hyde, Gunter as our top CBs tonight and needing to use UDFA Hawkins to play tonight and use safeties to help play CB also. I blame Ted as he should have went out and signed a CB or two off the street. Screw keeping guys like Janis and Abbrederis because you like their talent. They don't play so they are useless and hurting the team by keeping them on when their is area's to need to add depth to the roster.

Bud,

I have no confidence in this team or coaching staff right now.

Hopefully, they will instill some confidence tomorrow night. cheesehead)

The weird thing is that it's gonna take a few games to get the confidence back, if it comes back at all. Much like the Lions game, even if the Packers are seemingly blowing out a team in the first half, I'll always have that hesitation to wait for the final results because this team has a propensity to make things closer than they need to be.

Last edited:
I don't think there's been a season since Sherman's last year as HC, that people had so many different opinions as to how it would all end at the end of 16 games, and possibly the playoffs. I remember that season well, and I think the whole thing hinged on the Packers and the playoffs that year. Miss them and you're gone. It makes me wonder if that might be the message the front office is sending now? They seem to offer very little information. It's all coming from McCarthy. Thompson is pretty much closed lip.

If this is a fact, and McCarthy's job is on the line at the end of the season, he's going to have to step up and make things happen. Whether he can or not, it's going to be an interesting ride.

Unless the offense pops and clicks back together and the vibe of this team drastically changes, I just can't see them going through this song and dance again with McCarthy for another year.

Unless the offense pops and clicks back together and the vibe of this team drastically changes, I just can't see them going through this song and dance again with McCarthy for another year.

Only way MM goes is if TT goes. TT won't fire MM and hire a new HC.

Packers 31-13, I've watched Chicago. Not enough firepower to get it done unless this team is in full collapse mode.

I would have agreed with this till we are playing with guys found at the local YMCA.

I can hear it already. McCarthy taking the blame for the year, if we end up not making the playoffs.

"We thought we had the players we needed to make a run at the Championship. Unfortunately we fell short due to injuries. As head coach, I realize that's no excuse for failure, but it is a factor. We will strive to become a better team next year, and improve our depth in key areas."

Probably not the exact words, but I've heard it three times already, and it's getting old. The fact is, Thompson and McCarthy had ample opportunity to upgrade the team in areas of concern but have consistently brought in a large number of new players each year, to stock the team at a reserve level. I posted a listing as to how the team was built, and if you look at it, this year we have a large number of players who belong in that category. It can be a catalyst for failure, if you have any appreciable number of injuries.

Is it grounds to fire McCarthy? Thompson? It depends on what you think is acceptable. Me? I'm tired of hearing excuses, because even when they're healthy, the coaching has left way too much to be desired.

Back