Official Game 9 Green Bay vs Kansas City Thread

I'm actually looking forward to this. It's basically a one game (maybe 2) test for Love. He'll have a full compliment of weapons (sans Bob and Josh). The downside is KC is a very tough place to play, I'd rather see him make his first start at Lambeau.

And if he doesn't do well it doesn't automatically mean he's a bust. Rodgers first season we were 6-10 including a 5 game losing streak. He was up and down but overall he played pretty well, 93.8 rating, 28/13 ratio, 4,038 yards.

Love though has had 1.5 seasons, not 3, and his rookie season featured no OTA's and a scaled back camp and zero preseason games. So it's not apples to apples in terms of being ready. On the other hand we've seen plenty of QB's thrown into the first and perform well. Hopefully Love does the same.
I have high expectations for Jordan, I don’t think I’m being unreasonable. If you pay attention to the dollars and cents aspect of the game then you’ve known for a while that this is Rodgers last year in GB. Still, there was this emotional question clouding the rational - how could they let him go when they’re doing so well? Can’t they work something out?

But if Love comes in and the thing not only functions but functions well… I mean, that’s the nail in the coffin. That cloud of uncertainty and emotion will give way to optimism about the next big thing. There’s a lot riding on his performance. Run the ball like last week and connect on some shots downfield, come up with a couple 3rd and long conversions… it’s not asking Love to be Superman. I’m excited to see what happens.

I have high expectations for Jordan, I don’t think I’m being unreasonable. If you pay attention to the dollars and cents aspect of the game then you’ve known for a while that this is Rodgers last year in GB. Still, there was this emotional question clouding the rational - how could they let him go when they’re doing so well? Can’t they work something out?

But if Love comes in and the thing not only functions but functions well… I mean, that’s the nail in the coffin. That cloud of uncertainty and emotion will give way to optimism about the next big thing. There’s a lot riding on his performance. Run the ball like last week and connect on some shots downfield, come up with a couple 3rd and long conversions… it’s not asking Love to be Superman. I’m excited to see what happens.
Same feelings for me rp. Not hating on Rodgers but I'm excited to see Love and how ML attacks the Chiefs. It's going to give us a little glimpse into the future and what the possibilities could be moving forward.

Taylor understands the offense. That helps. Bortles has some understanding of it. That helps too.

So, Keke still out in concussion protocol.
He also missed significant time once before for concussion.

Makes me concerned for the young man, his career, and his future well being.

Back