Official what is wrong with Aaron Rodgers thread

One step further on our GM. The collapse of the Seattle play off loss was as bad as any can remember and IMO the team has never been the same since. That was the time TT should of had the stones to make a HC change.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a Winner)

Aaron spoke very directly after that debacle. He said in his post game presser that you can't play that way, not to lose. He said you have to keep the pedal to the metal. When does McCarthy ever do that??? I think Aaron is fed up and frustrated and that's what we see in his face. I don't blame him. TT and MM need to go. Nothing like over staying your welcome.

Having only one hurt RB on the roster, figuring you can use a WR back there instead??? Uh, yeah Ted. Sick of watching you 'operate'. I am more than willing to see someone else at the helm! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go watch some paint dry...sb(

Last edited:
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a Winner)

Aaron spoke very directly after that debacle. He said in his post game presser that you can't play that way, not to lose. He said you have to keep the pedal to the metal. When does McCarthy ever do that??? I think Aaron is fed up and frustrated and that's what we see in his face. I don't blame him. TT and MM need to go. Nothing like over staying your welcome.

Having only one hurt RB on the roster, figuring you can use a WR back there instead??? Uh, yeah Ted. Sick of watching you 'operate'. I am more than willing to see someone else at the helm! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go watch some paint dry...sb(
Beautiful words man! Right on!

I've supported TT and MM pretty staunchly over the years. I'm not one of those grass-is-greener types who is tempted to make major changes every time a season doesn't go according to plan. Typically it doesn't go according to plan for 90% of the teams.

What is happening now is different. This seems like a team in some disarray and lacking confidence and direction. I don't even know that I can blame TT for what we are seeing right now. The roster is both his and MM's decision and while we can nit-pik draft choices and lack of FA, the talent seemed OK at key spots to start the season.

The one area you do have to blame him (other than the poor handling of the Sitton situation) for is the RB situation. Possibly the most injury prone position in the league and you decided it would be a good idea to carry only 2! If MM pushed for that, to keep an extra WR or whatever, then it should have been one of those times when you tell the head coach that you are going to overrule him. If you did it on your own, same issue, and shame on you in either case.

The weird thing is that other than the ridiculous rash of injuries in the secondary, the rest of the defense has had decent moments. The young ILBs have been pretty good. The OLBs and DL have been getting some pressure and have kept the team in every game but Dallas and a better offense would have us at 4-1 right now. Heck with a full complements of CBs we might even have had enough to beat Dallas.

On offense the OL has been better than I thought. Despite still being too big, Lacy has looked pretty good. Unfortunately that's all there is. Rodgers is now a middle of the pack type QB. Cook has done nothing and RRod is just a body. Rip is OK, but FBs aren't really difference makers. Nelson is not the Nelson of 2014 and the rest of the WR group is not good enough to make up for it.

Sometimes things just run their course, and this seems like the case with TT/MM. Their time is up. Let the season play out. Anything other than a deep playoff run to the Super Bowl is grounds for a change. Time for some fresh eyes on the roster and fresh scheme and motivation.

It could go any number of ways, but it's perfectly possible that Rodgers is a Doc Gooden or Sandy Koufax type player: phenomenal off the charts play but for a short span of time.

It could go any number of ways, but it's perfectly possible that Rodgers is a Doc Gooden or Sandy Koufax type player: phenomenal off the charts play but for a short span of time.

Agreed rp and great analogy. Longevity doesn't take away the greatness it just means we didn't get to experience it as long as we did with others. By no means am I saying AR is done, just leaning more towards what you have stated above.

I assume the comparisons are strictly for the short part of their careers 'at the top'. Gooden pitched for 16 years, and while the good ones were mostly early, the cause of the decline was primarily drugs. Koufax' exit was due to arthritis. Don't recall athletes going from 'one of the best ever' to JAG overnight with no apparent cause. Kurt Warner seems to think, as many of us do, that it's all in his head.

Back