Packers 2022 Thread

What about the offense where the QB scrambles around, waves his arms, bails the pocket and tries to wing it every other play? Can that work with current personnel?
Maybe but there again the WR needs to know where the QB wants him to go less 1 guy they only had a handful of practices. If ML will establish the run each game and then open it up then you can combat the other stuff.... have to run the FB this season.

Random thought. QBs shouldn't get credit for YAC. Only credit for how far the ball goes in the air.

What do you guys think about the o-line?

I would like to see:

Bak, Jenkins, Meyers, Runyan, Nijman

Tom as back up as well as Walker and then Newman back-up guard.

I think Jenkins is better at guard and IMO the interior o-line needs to be strong to be able to run the ball effectively and let AR stand in the pocket and throw downfield. Especially with rookie WR's since they may take longer to get open.

I expect Rodgers to be yelling at his WR's a lot this year as they have growing pains maybe run a wrong route or drop a pass they should catch.

It's cliche' but this team will grow as they go. What we see early on, like most years, isn't what we'll see later on. I like that about ML's teams. They consistently get better even as they are winning. In a long season, that's what I always like to watch and it makes the season, the ride, worth it in the end. Win, lose or draw, I'm just happy to get the regular season started!

Abernathy over Rico Gafford. Interesting.
Packers said when they cut Abernathy they wanted him back on the PS. Gafford was horrible in pre-season he screwed up a lot he was not going to help at DB or ST.

After Amos and Savage they have Carpenter, Ford, and Leavitt.
ST’s guys with little to offer beyond that.
Abernathy showed enough in a short time that he could fill in if either of the starters goes down

Back