Packers Hire Brian Gutekunst As GM

Has anyone consulted Macho Nacho Mike and Los Aaron Rodgers on the hire?!

This honestly looks like the best move the Packers can make at the present time. We'll see how it plays out.

Glad they're not doing the split. That would have been a disaster

Reactions: ski
Good, this needed to get done sooner rather than later.

As long as he's not content to let holes in the roster linger due to injury or a busted draft pick, I'm fine with whomever it ended up being.

Hell, if we end up even just hearing about the Pack going after a Day 1 FA I'd consider this a winner.

I don't even necessarily care about the Day1 free agents, though I wouldn't mind it. I'd just like to see holes filled with competent FAs so you aren't going into the draft with holes to fill that demand that you take guys in certain rounds because you have major needs.

For example, this year I would pursue a serviceable RT before the draft. I would also be looking for a veteran back-up QB. Maybe a veteran CB if you can get one that fits within the CAP space. That way going into the draft you are not tied down to any positions early in the draft. Take the best players and find a few play-makers.

Read multiple places Gutekunst crushed the interview, but I don’t know what that means. I hope it means he did an open and honest assment of the recent FO, identified weak spots in how the top of the org has been collecting and using talent, and how to fix the problems.

I don't even necessarily care about the Day1 free agents, though I wouldn't mind it. I'd just like to see holes filled with competent FAs so you aren't going into the draft with holes to fill that demand that you take guys in certain rounds because you have major needs.

For example, this year I would pursue a serviceable RT before the draft. I would also be looking for a veteran back-up QB. Maybe a veteran CB if you can get one that fits within the CAP space. That way going into the draft you are not tied down to any positions early in the draft. Take the best players and find a few play-makers.
gp((Winner)

Read multiple places Gutekunst crushed the interview, but I don’t know what that means. I hope it means he did an open and honest assment of the recent FO, identified weak spots in how the top of the org has been collecting and using talent, and how to fix the problems.
He’s the one I wanted if we couldn’t get Schneider. A lot of teams have interviewed him and he’s often a finalist. I think he was the 49ers guy until HE pulled himself out of the running. Glad GB didn’t lose him! I just hope he uses ALL avenues to acquire good players.

Reactions: ski
Glad they're not doing the split. That would have been a disaster

when i read this, i had an image of mike mccarthy trying to do the splits. you're right that would most likely be a disaster.

Back