Packers hurt by silent Ted's in-season inactivity

Cheesedog

Reaction score
Packers hurt by silent Ted's in-season inactivity

It's no secret that members of the Packers' personnel department have griped for years that their boss is almost never willing to make a move. For years, scouts across the league have told me that.

Murphy could hardly have been more aggressive in his approach to making millions and millions of dollars for the corporation. It will be interesting to see what approach he takes regarding football.

wideeye))

You have heard reports that several agents of FA's won't even bother to call the Packers because they know the Packers won't show interest.

McGinn nailed my biggest issue with TT and that's not turning the bottom 5 players enough. Came to bite us in the ass not finding another tackle. Other than that TT has had two of his best drafts the last two years, although the undrafted free agents he's found haven't been the greatest of late.

Either way nothing will change until TT retires.

McGinn nailed my biggest issue with TT and that's not turning the bottom 5 players enough. Came to bite us in the ass not finding another tackle. Other than that TT has had two of his best drafts the last two years, although the undrafted free agents he's found haven't been the greatest of late.

Either way nothing will change until TT retires.

In past interviews with Ron Wolf he has said that he was always looking for ways to improve the bottom of the roster during season...

It's weird how un-Ron Wolflike TT is considering that's where TT came from...

I agree in not really liking McGinns articles and info normally; however, you cannot say he is wrong at all. We all have complained about his approach for the last 5 or 6 years. And when you have a hall of fame QB whos career is coming to an end, you have to do something to win another title. TT has done nothing.

It is not all on TT. It is a combo of him and MM and his coaching staff. This is why I say changes need to happen now; otherwise, we will be in the dead zone for another 3 or 4 years and beyond.

You have heard reports that several agents of FA's won't even bother to call the Packers because they know the Packers won't show interest.

Or more likely we won't offer the kind of coin these FA's are seeking. I find this article confusing. We hear of players being brought in for tryouts all the time. Just because he doesn't sign them doesn't mean he is inactive.

Or more likely we won't offer the kind of coin these FA's are seeking. ...

sometimes you may have to pay a little bit more than you would like to get a player that really fills an immediate need. the laws of supply and demand do apply here. other successful gms seem to be able to do it. you can't always get what you want. but if you try sometimes you just might find that you get what you need.

I heard that Mick Jaggar is interested in TT's job...
9.gif

I've contended for a few seasons that the TT/MM combo is way too conservative... TT won't go out and get the players MM needs, but MM won't change his scheme to fit the players he has....

Neither are necessarily the bad guy.. Just two guys who captured lightning in a bottle for one season (a season where a mid season FA acquisition sparked a pick 6 and turning point in a SB) but don't necessarily compliment each other enough to do it again... And the window is closing soon, if it hasn't already.

Back