Packers make trade with Chiefs for a RB

Knile Davis' stats show nothing, but he's running behind Jamaal Charles, Charcandrick West, and Spencer Ware. Then Tyreek Hill, WR, tookover Davis' return duties and is getting touches out of the backfield. That left Knile odd man out. 25 years old, not too many miles, fast to complement Lacy's power... I like this pickup. Best of what's available, IMO. There's potential this turns out. And it finally addresses a need.

Last edited:
In their trade for #KCChiefs RB Knile Davis, the #Packers gave up a conditional late-round pick. Likely based on playing time.

He got hurt in college and never was the same after that. He's a body that can take some carries off of Lacy... anything else is a plus.

He is a big (though not as big as Eddie) back with speed. A swing pass threat? Maybe a guy who needed a change of venue bad.

TT made a trade, OMG!

About time.

Hopefully, it works out.

I agree with putting Starks on IR. It is a knee injury and he has also lost a step. We will not miss him.

Knile Davis' stats show nothing, but he's running behind Jamaal Charles, Charcandrick West, and Spencer Ware. Then Tyreek Hill, WR, tookover Davis' return duties and is getting touches out of the backfield. That left Knile odd man out. 25 years old, not too many miles, fast to complement Lacy's power... I like this pickup. Best of what's available, IMO. There's potential this turns out. And it finally addresses a need.

In other words he couldn't beat out any of those guys for a role...

Knile Davis flashed in 2014 then disappeared.

At least it was only a late round conditional pick...

Maybe a change of scenery rejuvenates his career. But i'm not expecting much from him. But considering how TT and MM have bungled the RB position as of late that's at least something.

Big question. Was this initiated by TT? Or did Wolf or the other guy push this?

Is that kid on the practice squad that bad that he doesn't even get a chance to prove himself?

From articles you read most thought the guy was going to be cut and KC was hanging onto him for just this reason in hopes some club would give them something for him.

It'll be interesting to see what we gave up for the trade, knowing Thompson it wasn't too much.

*note: I see now it was for a late round comp pick.

I wonder how long it will take for K. Davis to learn the Packers offense? It's going to be interesting seeing how they employ him, or if he's just an emergency back, with Montgomery lining up in the backfield from his WR position.

This bit with Montgomery is interesting though. Using a WR back there, if he can block, and run with the ball, could be a dynamic change in how they throw the ball as well.

Back