Packers put Jordy Nelson on PUP list because of his “other” knee

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
usa-today-8730674.0.jpg

OMG EVERYONE LOSE YOUR MINDS!

One of the msot disconcerting items from Monday’s opening day of the Green Bay Packers’ training camp was the announcement of the team’s Physically Unable to Perform list - and specifically the fact that wide receiver Jordy Nelson was placed on that list, meaning he failed his initial physical exam.

Nelson is of course coming off ACL surgery for the ligament that he tore last preseason in Pittsburgh. He reported that he was ready to go during the offseason practices, but was held out by the team’s decision. That made his appearance on the PUP concerning.

However, Nelson spoke to the media today following the team’s practice on Tuesday, and revealed the reason for his status:

Jordy Nelson said he's on PUP because he tweaked his other knee while working out. "It's not the ACL. No one needs to freak out."

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) July 26, 2016

COMMENCE FREAKING OUT, PACKERS FANS.

Not really, though. Nelson should be back on the field in pretty short order and the issue is not to the surgically repaired knee, which would be a much bigger concern. Hopefully he will have both knees ready to go in a few weeks so he can get fully back into regular season shape in short order.

Continue reading @http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/ ...

apparently, jordy has his backup career plans in place just in case this whole nfl gig doesn't work out:

Last edited:
Not really worried about Nelson's injury. WIth the extra week of training camp and 5 pre season games they're going to go slow. I'd be shocked if the first unit played more than a series in HOF game.

Jordy Nelson said he's on PUP because he tweaked his other knee while working out. "It's not the ACL. No one needs to freak out."
— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) July 26, 2016
That's not the whole quote from Jordy Nelson. Here it is, in its entirety:

Jordy Nelson said he's on PUP because he tweaked his other knee while working out. "It's not the ACL. No one needs to freak out. The team still has Jeff Janis."

I wouldn't freak out for any other team, but with this teams medical history I am
indeed freaking out.

It's his body reacting to the "loss" of a limb, so to speak. He didn't have that leg all last year, now he does, he's putting stress on the knee that was overcompensating most of the past 12 months, and now it's aggravated.

I'm not surprised.

I'm sure he hurt it in that charity softball game I asked him not to play in.

;)

Back