Pick one UDFA you believe the Pack will keep...

oakleaf

Reaction score
Since we have a surprise cut thread, thought we needed a surprise "keep" thread! So, which UDFA (or other player you feel would be a surprise if he made it) do you believe will make the Packers initial 53-man roster?

I'll go first: Justin Vogel... saywhat2) Just kidding. He's excluded.

Here's the rookie UDFA list...

Offense
Michael Clark, WR, Marshall
Montay Crockett, WR, Georgia Southern
Thomas Evans, G, Richmond
Geoff Gray, G, University of Manitoba
Taysom Hill, QB, Brigham Young
Adam Pankey, G/T, West Virginia
Aaron Peck, TE, Fresno State
Kalif Phillips, RB, Charlotte
William Stanback, RB, Virginia Union

Defense
Donatello Brown, CB, Valdosta State
Johnathan Calvin, LB, Mississippi State
Cody Heiman, LB, Washburn
Josh Letuligasenoa, LB, Cal Poly
Isaah Lunsford, DT, Bowling Green State
Lenzy Pipkins, CB, Oklahoma State
Raysean Pringle, CB, Southern Utah
David Talley, LB, Grand Valley State
Aaron Taylor, S, Ball State

My pick: Lenzy Pipkins... he has a cool NFL name.

Last edited:
I like this. I'll go with Adam Pankey, OG/T, out of West Virginia.

My reason is fairly simple. They're going to need to have someone with the ability to slip into all four G/T positions, and from what I heard, he seems to have the ability to learn all of them.

For the 53? Best bet is Hill as 3rd QB if he can unseat Callahan. Some guys are good PS candidates but none of those guys look ready to play

For the 53? Best bet is Hill as 3rd QB if he can unseat Callahan. Some guys are good PS candidates but none of those guys look ready to play
I was really impressed with Hill, even with the level of competition he faced! That dude is an athlete! But he sure is injury-prone.

Michael Clark
You can't let a guy with his size and ability go away. He will never make it thru waivers. If anything, he is a red zone guy.

No idea but did hear Geoff Gray, G, University of Manitoba was doing well when he was getting reps sh)) I think
ChampionshipBelt made a good point on Clark he won't clear waivers so there's another solid name.

Johnathan Calvin, LB, Mississippi State

Especially if Beigle can't go.

I'm going with Gray as well. Camp reports say he's been solid.

Clark is the other guy I can see making it right now. He has the dreaded "p" word attached to him . . . potential. TT always seems to keep one guy like that even though he's not quite ready to contribute.

Back