Post Game, GB drops a close one 19-17 to Denver

Who the hell do I trot out in their place? For example, if Dillion stinks, Jones is out you have Wilson who hasn't shown much and they signed a washed-up guy last week. Time to admit we have no depth and what you see is what you get unless Gute wants to do some wheeling and dealing.
This is the hard reality of the current state of roster affairs. I'm sure hoping they can turn some things around and we can start to see improvement but it's gonna be a grind.

This is the hard reality of the current state of roster affairs. I'm sure hoping they can turn some things around and we can start to see improvement but it's gonna be a grind.

I agree to a degree. I still think it makes no sense to not put Tom at Center and Nijman at LT. Then you let Caleb Jones and Walker fight it out for the RT spot. I think that o-line could be better with that set up but they seem to be content for Walker playing patty cake out there.

There are some spots that they could hold accountable.

I agree to a degree. I still think it makes no sense to not put Tom at Center and Nijman at LT. Then you let Caleb Jones and Walker fight it out for the RT spot. I think that o-line could be better with that set up but they seem to be content for Walker playing patty cake out there.

There are some spots that they could hold accountable.
I don't disagree. They had a bye week to get something figured out and this is what they are sticking with. They must see something that most of us don't. It' frustrating but all we can do is watch and hope.

i agree with cb on this one. it's obvious to me that what they are doing isn't working. it's like they're afraid to try something different. and it isn't really all that different because nijman did play left tackle last year - with an old washed up qb with no mobility.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”
- misattributed to albert einstein. (actually came from a novel written by Rita Mae Brown in 1983)

i agree with cb on this one. it's obvious to me that what they are doing isn't working. it's like they're afraid to try something different. and it isn't really all that different because nijman did play left tackle last year - with an old washed up qb with no mobility.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”
- misattributed to albert einstein. (actually came from a novel written by Rita Mae Brown in 1983)
They’re stuck in no man’s land with what they want to do. They try to be conservative and get nowhere, blocking too complicated. Try to be aggressive but blocking doesn’t hold up, or bad routes, or bad throws. There isn’t one thing they do well, nor do they stick with one thing long enough to do it well.

This is a ship with a lot of leaks I think by end of season it will be at the bottom. To many issues to fix and not enough cap space or draft picks to fix them. This could be a long process of several drafts and needing to hit in them to rebuild a weak roster.

This is a ship with a lot of leaks I think by end of season it will be at the bottom. To many issues to fix and not enough cap space or draft picks to fix them. This could be a long process of several drafts and needing to hit in them to rebuild a weak roster.
if that is the case, then the team of murphy and gutekunst are not the ones to get us there.

if that is the case, then the team of murphy and gutekunst are not the ones to get us there.
Probably not but Murphy won't get canned before he has to retire in July 2025 and Gute is his hand picked GM so he's safe likely thru the 2025 season as the new team president probably won't can Gute as his first act right before TC starts. So could be maybe 2026 before we could see a new core group of team president, GM, and HC.

So many moments from a 2-point loss which aggravate me.

- Missing a 43-yard FG with ~45 seconds left in the first half.

- Giving up another FG in the first half when the other team only had ~45 seconds.

- Defense not being able to get a stop after the offense finally takes the lead. Carrington Valentine got picked on all game, but at least he managed to stay on the field (Stokes re-injured his hamstring 4-snaps into his comeback, only playing on ST, and Jaire didn't play).

- The holding penalty that sent the offense back to midfield right after the 2-minute warning, when they only needed a FG.

- Love forcing a throw into coverage when Dillon or Reed were more open. The INT in the Raiders game was at least late into the clock; this one you only needed 15-20 yards to give Carlson another chance, and they had time & time outs to do it. I am fine with this being a developmental year for the team, given the injuries and the cap....but if Jordan Love wants to get a real 2nd contract from the Packers, this is the throw he needs to stop repeating.

This game, like the Raiders game (and, if I'm being honest, the Atlanta game) are the ones where I expect the team to find ways to win. There's a lot of season left, but confidence is a thing that builds, and this team keeps finding ways to lose.

Back