Post Game: Green Bay defeats Chicago 27-10

OL looked rough early, but solidified later. Good to have Jenkins back. Myers with some uncharacteristic gaffes.

I like how they are manufacturing plays for Doubs and Watson. Their speed out there is obvious. Watkins also looked better.

Aaron Jones was amazing out there, maybe should have used him more last week? Cough cough

Nice to see Big Bob get a couple catches in. Lazard and Bob are going to catch a lot of TDs this year.

Our run defense still leaves a bit to be desired, hopefully they can get that fixed.

The OL is gonna get better as they settle into their spots. Crossing fingers for health.

On special teams I kept saying “who the hell is #6.” He’s a hell of a special teams player. Big come up for us.
I saw the same thing with #6. In on almost every special teams tackle. Good ST player, whoever that is. I also became very confused last week watching the Vikings because the announcers kept talking about a former Packer who now played for the Vikes, names "Ladarius Smith." I couldn't for the life of me figure out who the hell that was. Ladarius Hamilton? Whut? Took me the whole game to figure out that they couldn't get the name right.

I think Royce Newman is not very good. I'd like to see them work on replacing him; he's the weakest link. Jenkins will get better at RT as he gets back into the swing, as you say. But Newman is the weakest link. I don't know if Tom is better at guard, but I hope he's getting lots of reps at RG.

I am still disappointed with this defense. This is the second year in the system, they have blue chippers on that defense - Clark, Gary, Alexander - and other good pieces, but the supposed lousy Chicago OL pushed that defense all over in the run game. Not, like, four or five yards. Lots of eight or nine or twenty-nine yard types of runs, just controlling the LOS. I hope it will get better, but I am feeling let down. I love watching a good Packer defense, and having that is rare, so I thought this would be the year they had a dominating defense while the offense tried to figure things out. But the defense has been really just meh. I'm frustrated.

The OL is gonna get better as they settle into their spots. Crossing fingers for health.

On special teams I kept saying “who the hell is #6.” He’s a hell of a special teams player. Big come up for us.
That’s Dallin Leavitt, he seemed to have something on his shoulder (a brace for that shoulder injury) but you see why he was a roster lock as soon as they signed him.

I saw the same thing with #6. In on almost every special teams tackle. Good ST player, whoever that is. I also became very confused last week watching the Vikings because the announcers kept talking about a former Packer who now played for the Vikes, names "Ladarius Smith." I couldn't for the life of me figure out who the hell that was. Ladarius Hamilton? Whut? Took me the whole game to figure out that they couldn't get the name right.

I think Royce Newman is not very good. I'd like to see them work on replacing him; he's the weakest link. Jenkins will get better at RT as he gets back into the swing, as you say. But Newman is the weakest link. I don't know if Tom is better at guard, but I hope he's getting lots of reps at RG.

I am still disappointed with this defense. This is the second year in the system, they have blue chippers on that defense - Clark, Gary, Alexander - and other good pieces, but the supposed lousy Chicago OL pushed that defense all over in the run game. Not, like, four or five yards. Lots of eight or nine or twenty-nine yard types of runs, just controlling the LOS. I hope it will get better, but I am feeling let down. I love watching a good Packer defense, and having that is rare, so I thought this would be the year they had a dominating defense while the offense tried to figure things out. But the defense has been really just meh. I'm frustrated.
Not sure how many starters were in on that drive until the red flag was thrown. We got to make substitutions and Clark, Reed, those guys came in. Plus I think they were playing off in a prevent style defense, protecting the lead.

Back