Post game Thread: Green Bay Squeaks By Dallas 34-31

This is what the win felt like. It had all the makings of our typical, "groundhog day", but instead we wake up and it's no longer February 2nd. The curse is broken.

from my pre game thread post:

1) Dak has never played an NFL playoff game in an playoff atmosphere. Can he keep his head with the distraction of the NFL playoffs? Key for GB will be to force the game into his hands.
2) Dallas OL will beat our DL most of the time. Hopefully our secondary and LB's can do just enough to hold Elliot in check. If he runs wild game over.
3) Arod has a chip on his shoulder which seems to be the only way he plays well over last couple years. After people start openly doubting him.
4) GB has one important key they didn't first game vs DAL, Jared Cook. He's been just good enough to make a difference. First game Gb had no TE to speak of. Cook can take advantage of the middle of the DAL defense which I believe is their weak spot.
Lucky for GB my daughter has a swim meet, and other crazy kid schedule stuff probably means I can't watch. And when I don't watch they win. GB will squeak this out on the strength of GB veterans playoff experience and Dak/Elliot inexperience. 41-38 on a last second 54 yard FG by Crosby...

Was wrong about Dak and Elliot they both had good games

Jared Cook seems to have been a key to this win. 124 yards and a TD, and a key 36 yard pass to set up game winning FG ... check

My daughter did have a swim meet and I didn't watch... check

OK, so it was 34-31 on a last second 51 yard FG, but close enough... check

Darn that Cheese guy is really smart sometimes.. :)

from my pre game thread post:

Was wrong about Dak and Elliot they both had good games

Jared Cook seems to have been a key to this win. 124 yards and a TD, and a key 36 yard pass to set up game winning FG ... check

My daughter did have a swim meet and I didn't watch... check

OK, so it was 34-31 on a last second 51 yard FG, but close enough... check

Darn that Cheese guy is really smart sometimes.. :)

You better not watch the NFC championship game next weekended!!! ;)

Close but a hair off. Posted Friday at 5:16 pm - Think some of you guys are wrong here. My money and my gut says it's going to be a three point game at the end and being a homer I say the Packers win 31 to 28. No argument that our defense isn't much better today than last game but Arod is playing lights out and our WR's have finally figured it out. Crosby wins this one at the end with a field goal. I'll eat the crow if I'm wrong as it's happened a few times in the past but one good thing they are low on cholesterol.

We knew GB vs Atlanta was destiny. Packers will be in the SB

There's no way you can describe what happened in Dallas, except to say that Aaron Rodgers willed the Packers to win this game, and Jared Cook gained so much faith in his QB that he turned in an astounding game - probably the greatest game of his career.

There's no other way to describe the Packers defense except to say it's so badly banged up that it's nearly non-existent, but still makes the occasional play to keep the team's hopes alive.

As for Mason Crosby - You're officially my "Ice Man!" I don't think there's too many kickers in the history of the game that would have made those two 50+ yarders under the same circumstances.

This is the 50th Super Bowl coming up. The Packers won the first, and if the gods of football do it right, they should own #50 as well as #1. It seems like a fitting tribute to Vince Lombardi, and his legacy.

There's no way you can describe what happened in Dallas, except to say that Aaron Rodgers willed the Packers to win this game, and Jared Cook gained so much faith in his QB that he turned in an astounding game - probably the greatest game of his career.

There's no other way to describe the Packers defense except to say it's so badly banged up that it's nearly non-existent, but still makes the occasional play to keep the team's hopes alive.

As for Mason Crosby - You're officially my "Ice Man!" I don't think there's too many kickers in the history of the game that would have made those two 50+ yarders under the same circumstances.

This is the 50th Super Bowl coming up. The Packers won the first, and if the gods of football do it right, they should own #50 as well as #1. It seems like a fitting tribute to Vince Lombardi, and his legacy.
This is Super Bowl 51 coming up. Super Bowl LI

This team still doesn't make sense to me. I've been watching the other playoff games, and there are always other players besides a QB to talk about - look how complete KC or Pitt's roster is, look at the stacked offense in ATL and their ascending front 7, the defense of NE, Dallas' effortless ground game plus Dak and Dez. And what does GB have?

Rodgers. Eddie Lacy has been gone for months, replaced by no one for a while and now by a guy who started the year as our #4 WR. No Jordy Nelson for this game. One CB who runs under 4.5 and he has zero technique and confidence right now. One consistent disrupter in the entire front 7. To no one's surprise the D wore down but managed to rise up in spots to do the bare minimum of what they had to do to not give up the lead. And then there's Rodgers, who seemed to lose some confidence and moxie after the INT, making one last incredible throw on 3rd and 20 when all the chips were down, and late off-season FA signing Jared Cook making the play of his life. And Crosby! Go back to 2012 when he was caught up in the tempest after struggling, and MM never wavering and sticking by his kicker. And here we are. A 56 yarder to put pressure back on Dallas, then nailing two 51 yarders in a row for the win.

I have no idea what to expect for the next game. It feels like the wheels could fall off at any moment and should have fallen off weeks ago and yet they believe so strongly in themselves right now who knows what can happen? I'm just sitting back and enjoying this ride.

Back