Quarless arrrested for gun offense

Sources: Packers don't plan to release TE Andrew Quarless despite arrest
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...s-following-arrest-discharging-firearm-public

The Green Bay Packers plan to stand by tight endAndrew Quarless following his July 4 arrest in Miami Beach, Florida.
According to two sources, at this point the Packers have no plans to release the sixth-year veteran, who was charged with a misdemeanor for discharging a firearm in public. According to the police report, Quarless fired two shots into the air outside a parking garage and was arrested at 5:35 a.m.
Quarless and another male companion were seen by a parking garage attendant in an apparent argument with two females before Quarless allegedly fired his gun, according to the police report. The gun, according to a source, was legally registered to Quarless.
Over the weekend, a Packers spokesperson said the team was "aware of the matter involving Andrew Quarless and are in the process of gathering more information. We will withhold further comment."
Quarless' agent, Chris Cabot, declined to comment when reached Monday.
Quarless was released from custody. No future court dates have been set yet, according to the Miami Beach Clerk of Courts.
The 26-year-old is in the second year of a two-year, $3 million contract. He is expected to compete for the starting job with second-year tight end Richard Rodgers. Quarless, a fifth-round draft pick in 2010, caught 29 passes for 323 yards and three touchdowns last season.
Quarless could be subject to discipline under the NFL's personal conduct policy. The policy states that players could be placed on paid administrative leave or placed on the "Commissioner Exempt List" if a player is "formally charged with a crime of violence, meaning that you are accused of having used physical force or a weapon to injure or threaten another person."

I heard one of the women, he demanded was suppose to go with him. Which she responded leave me alone or to that effect, which lead to the gun shots. This should put Q in the Packer smooth operator of the year award running.
The gun he was carrying was the Acme Arms chick attractor 45, also the weapon of choice of Willey Coyote. Who was also is known to use movable potted plants, in his attempts to capture the Road Runner .....beep beep

Last edited:
New front runner for the 'Packer Most Likely to Follow in Darren Sharper's Footsteps' Award.

With the bevy of talent at WR, Q might have just written his ticket out of town. Going real young at TE, but lining up Nelson, Cobb, Adams and Rodgers at TE is probably our best lineup. Paying over a million dollars to a backup TE who needs to shoot his gun to intimidate women? I think he might be gone. Idiot.

I think he stays into training camp, and if he's still one of the top three or four TEs, he sticks.

I think he stays into training camp, and if he's still one of the top three or four TEs, he sticks.
He'll be one of the top three, but by how much and is it a million dollar difference?

Would rather let him go (trade to Oakland for 7th) than keep him. Seems like the NFL bar is being lowered again and I'd rather not be like the Cowboys or Vikings.
Dope is stupid, but gun play and physical abuse are dangerous. IMO

I'm normally a wait-and-see person when it comes to these accusations, but Quarless is a moron.

He's considered the best blocking of the TEs and is a decent receiver, but every time I key on him in a game he makes too many mistakes. It doesn't surprise me that he thought he could get away with hiding behind a bush...

I'm fine with this being the last straw. Cutting ties with him now allows you to keep both Kuhn and Ripkowski for a season, and gives the young TEs more reps.
He screws up in camp just say good bye tc(

The only thing you could really hold against Guion is carrying the pot. The firearm and money? Meh.

Jones went and bought weed after the NFC title game loss. Stupid but again Meh.

Quarless fired a weapon to assert himself, and then tried to run from the cops. And then chose to hide behind a potted plant.

Honestly, they should cut him for picking such a stupid hiding spot. FP(

Back