Report: Packers' Bulaga, Perry will miss start of training camp, go on PUP list

A little disappointed about Clark. He had some intriguing tools. Seems odd to retire now unless he just did not see himself having a viable chance with the guys they just drafted. Maybe he wasn't making progress and the coaches told him so.

Hopefully the Cole Madison situation is just truly some personal matter and he'll be back. We really need some depth at OL and it seemed he had had some ability and might figure into the starting RG mix at some point, maybe next season.

As for Perry, I know he has some ability, but geez he's just a seemingly constant annoyance. Injured for about half of every season. You can't cut him this year because of the CAP hit, but next year . . . maybe. You'd still have a bunch of dead CAP but it's almost a wash. Hopefully someone emerges this year like Gilbert or Biegel, and they can address the position next year with a high draft choice and maybe a free agent signing, though that usually gets pretty pricey if there are even any guys worth signing that become available.

Clark showed good promise last year with his very limited experience. I think he would of made the team this year but looks like injury concern was more important. I cant argue that either. Hope he got his college degree and can move on comfortably.

Every time glass breaks people look to see if Nick Perry got hurt.

See MM said he thinks both will be ready by the opener. Will have been 10 months since Bulaga got hurt if he makes it back by then. But as they say first year back is usually a recovery year so will he be playing 100% out there?

Can't blame Clark.. If his heart isn't in it it's a brutal business to be in. Best of luck to him.

The Cole Madison thing is troubling.. He was here for rookie camp in may with no hints of an issue. Then Packers say they are blindsided in July when he doesn't show... Something is fishy here... I'm gonna guess he's not a Packer much longer...

The Cole Madison thing is troubling.. He was here for rookie camp in may with no hints of an issue. Then Packers say they are blindsided in July when he doesn't show... Something is fishy here... I'm gonna guess he's not a Packer much longer...

Fifth-round pick Cole Madison's absence has been termed "personal." Coach Mike McCarthy said it "took us by surprise … out of respect to Cole, I'm going to leave it at that. I do not have any timeline."

This "retired/did not report" nonsense is troubling to me. UDFA, Filipo Mokofisi, went on the reserve/retired list shortly after signing his contract back in May. And now, Clark and Madison (a wasted 2018 5th Round pick, apparently?)
What's going on in GB??
Two more roster spots to fill all of a sudden............:mad:

And Perry?? Looks like we're stuck with him for two more loser seasons before we can peddle his hide someplace else, before the cap numbers make sense.
https://overthecap.com/player/nick-perry/1129/
Cole Madison isn't retired. He hasn't reported yet due to some sort of personal issue.

Back