Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think 2 on 1 cage match Murphy and Gute vs Rodgers. Rodgers pins Gute after hitting the Lambeau Leap Piledriver.
Nah, trial by combat. Packer org chooses Darren Sharper and his prison shiv of choice.

I really believe our front office is compounding their mistakes by not pulling the trigger on a trade.

They are going to screw this up far worse than is being imagined.

I thought we should have went bold on draft day. Now we won't get half what the Lions got.

Our Front Office may believe it wins the battle v Rodgers but it's losing the logistics of being able to acquire football talent. Gonna be bad.

I really believe our front office is compounding their mistakes by not pulling the trigger on a trade.

They are going to screw this up far worse than is being imagined.

I thought we should have went bold on draft day. Now we won't get half what the Lions got.

Our Front Office may believe it wins the battle v Rodgers but it's losing the logistics of being able to acquire football talent. Gonna be bad.
If the only thing on the line is a 2nd round pick or so, how bad could they possibly screw up? The stakes aren't that high.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge deal. Except this is not something he's done before. It's also missed time with his WR and the new guys. Every missed opportunity to improve could in theory be the difference between winning the big game or not. Evry missed opportunity with new guys on the OL also hurts a bit.

Arod is one of the best, but he's not so good that missing OTA and practice reps won't have some negative impact, be it on team culture, timing, trust etc....

That being said if he misses OTA that's his choice. And if he chooses to do that I hope everyone on that team nails him to the wall every time he screws up and calls him out. Mr "I am perfect and I throw a fit every time someone else screws up" better be perfect if he's missing opportunities for the team to improve. I'd also love to hear players talk up Love regardless cause that would really burn Arod.

I'm not sure all sides of this couldn't have screwed this situation up more if they tried. Too many egos and circle the wagons thinking. I think for all the accolades TT gets one of his lasting legacies is an insular organization with an echo chamber in the front office that can't see past their own egos, and that's not a good thing.

All sides of this need a reality and ego check.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge deal. Except this is not something he's done before. It's also missed time with his WR and the new guys. Every missed opportunity to improve could in theory be the difference between winning the big game or not. Evry missed opportunity with new guys on the OL also hurts a bit.

Arod is one of the best, but he's not so good that missing OTA and practice reps won't have some negative impact, be it on team culture, timing, trust etc....

That being said if he misses OTA that's his choice. And if he chooses to do that I hope everyone on that team nails him to the wall every time he screws up and calls him out. Mr "I am perfect and I throw a fit every time someone else screws up" better be perfect if he's missing opportunities for the team to improve. I'd also love to hear players talk up Love regardless cause that would really burn Arod.

I'm not sure all sides of this couldn't have screwed this situation up more if they tried. Too many egos and circle the wagons thinking. I think for all the accolades TT gets one of his lasting legacies is an insular organization with an echo chamber in the front office that can't see past their own egos, and that's not a good thing.

Again, I don't see what the massive screw up really is. It's not like this happened 6 years ago, where Rodgers had a bunch of good years left. Everyone more or less agrees he's probably got 1-2 more good years left, the team wanted to move on soon anyway, the compensation haul is not as much as people think it will be. I mean, GB got the best years out of his career by far. The got a SB title. They continued to keep coffers full and did all their land development off of that. What's happening now is unpleasant, sure, but all things considered there isn't any mud slinging, it's not ugly as far as these things go. Where is the major screw up that's so big and damaging? What are they missing out on?

Again, I don't see what the massive screw up really is. It's not like this happened 6 years ago, where Rodgers had a bunch of good years left. Everyone more or less agrees he's probably got 1-2 more good years left, the team wanted to move on soon anyway, the compensation haul is not as much as people think it will be. I mean, GB got the best years out of his career by far. The got a SB title. They continued to keep coffers full and did all their land development off of that. What's happening now is unpleasant, sure, but all things considered there isn't any mud slinging, it's not ugly as far as these things go. Where is the major screw up that's so big and damaging? What are they missing out on?
Made the organization look bad, divided the fanbase..... And the worst is probably yet to come. If the Packers cave and give Arod a lot of money and years they hamstring themselves going forward financially. If Love starts this year and flames out the team suffers long-term as well. If Arod comes back and doesn't repeat his MVP season the media will be all over it. If he walks away Packers get nothing (okay they get cap space).

Now for a team that seems to care more about profit and the TTD than trophies I guess that perspective is everything is cool... But the Packers always considered themselves different. Fans made fun of teams who went through this type of thing. So the other damage is reputation and perception.

If the only thing on the line is a 2nd round pick or so, how bad could they possibly screw up? The stakes aren't that high.
Because they have already screwed it up if they can only get a 2d.

They knew on draft day hiw bad this was and could have had the 3d or 9th Pick of the last draft and more

I think your first paragraph hits the nail on the head. Rodgers does a lot presnap. The OLine, RBs, and WRs need practice with him more than he needs practice with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back