Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
iu

iu

Also, it bothers me that whoever designed that tie should’ve made it such that, when tied, the G would face the proper way, instead of looking like the start button on my washing machine.

Also, it bothers me that whoever designed that tie should’ve made it such that, when tied, the G would face the proper way, instead of looking like the start button on my washing machine.
Also, with all the money he makes, can’t he afford to get his teeth fixed?
Or at least bleached?

I've said all along that I don't think Rodgers has the balls to really go scorched earth and force his way out. The fact that he has yet to even go on the record and make it clear that he will never play for the Packers again is indicative to me that he's holding onto plausible deniability for a return in the fall. "I never said that..." is an easy way to deflect the press.

He'll show up after preseason game 3 and spew a bunch of BS about them "working through" it, while trying to work an agreement for a trade after the season. Will he be motivated to win etc, hell if I know but this whole thing didn't really help his public perception nor did it help the Packers front office.
For Rodgers to go scorched earth, he would risk an awful lot. His endorsements would become far more tentative. He would risk never having his name hang in Lambeau. His full on pout would be a significant aspect to his career and legacy...all to leave a team that has the talent to contend for a title the next few years if he would just STFU and play.

To some extent, Rodgers has a point on the Packers front office. However, it would seem to be an extent that is by no means worth sullying your legacy and reputation. This is why I've always thought he would return...as there really is no other option to leave unless he acts like a complete douchebag. He's weird, but I think he's also smart. It would be a stupid move to go nuclear.

For Rodgers to go scorched earth, he would risk an awful lot. His endorsements would become far more tentative. He would risk never having his name hang in Lambeau. His full on pout would be a significant aspect to his career and legacy...all to leave a team that has the talent to contend for a title the next few years if he would just STFU and play.

To some extent, Rodgers has a point on the Packers front office. However, it would seem to be an extent that is by no means worth sullying your legacy and reputation. This is why I've always thought he would return...as there really is no other option to leave unless he acts like a complete douchebag. He's weird, but I think he's also smart. It would be a stupid move to go nuclear.
Yep. Maybe he gets a guaranteed couple more years but I think that is all he can coerce. Upon not getting exactly what he wants but something in between, I think he accepts it rather than go nuclear.

Yep. Maybe he gets a guaranteed couple more years but I think that is all he can coerce. Upon not getting exactly what he wants but something in between, I think he accepts it rather than go nuclear.
Thing is I think Packers might have offered him up to 2 years with a pay increase to stay in GB and seems he has zero interest in that anymore.

Logic would tell us that but this whole debacle has been without logic on both sides. I just don’t think he cares as much about legacy as we think. Maybe 2-3 years ago but sometimes life changes people.

I mentioned it earlier, Rodgers loves the competition, loves fans, loves the history of the game. He hates and despises the business of football. Not sure what wins out

Thing is I think Packers might have offered him up to 2 years with a pay increase to stay in GB and seems he has zero interest in that anymore.
Which was a classic example of trying to throw money at a problem and hope it goes away when money was not the main issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back