Roster prediction: Breaking down Packers' 53

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
This is all a numbers game. There are 16 practices. Five preseason games. Forty days until final cuts.

home

Continue reading...

Interesting positions breakdown.

I could see nitpicking some of his selections at the bottom of each position list - for example, I highly doubt they cut Murphy in favor of Barclay and Taylor. I think Murphy is on the roster and Barclay, Taylor and Rotterham fight it out for the 9th spot. Maybe they can keep Rotterham on the PS for another year.

The interesting thing is that the writer predicts they keep 7xWR and 3xTE on offense, and 7xOLB and 3xILB on defense. The 7xWR has been discussed here before, and it still seems odd, but it works in this case with him only keeping 2xQB and 1xFB.

I think the 7xOLB works as well because they always have the option of tossing CM3 and perhaps even McCray into the middle if injuries hit.

for example, I highly doubt they cut Murphy in favor of Barclay and Taylor. I think Murphy is on the roster and Barclay, Taylor and Rotterham fight it out for the 9th spot.

from today's training camp coverage: "Three plays by Murphy. Smoked by McCray, beat by Lowry, false start."

from today's training camp coverage: "Three plays by Murphy. Smoked by McCray, beat by Lowry, false start."

Murphy is young can improve it's his first few days. Taylor and Barclay you know what you got a backup that is limited.

It's certainly possible Murphy doesn't make it, but I'm going by Ted's track record. Drafted rookies just usually don't get cut all that often. They usually get the benefit of the doubt and get a year on the roster. I suppose if he looks bad enough they might be able to cut him and bring him back on the PS.

Plus, his performance pretty much sounds like it's equal to what we saw from Barclay last year when he was playing. ;)

It's certainly possible Murphy doesn't make it, but I'm going by Ted's track record. Drafted rookies just usually don't get cut all that often. They usually get the benefit of the doubt and get a year on the roster. I suppose if he looks bad enough they might be able to cut him and bring him back on the PS.

Plus, his performance pretty much sounds like it's equal to what we saw from Barclay last year when he was playing. ;)

agreed. i only posted that because i cam across it just a few minutes after i read your post. information only.

Back