Second-year TE Richard Rodgers taking the next step

A year ago at this time, Rodgers had to work on a lot more than that. As a rookie, he was just trying to keep up with the playbook, and he really didn’t come into his own until the final six weeks of the season.

o_O huh?

I think that if people weren't so enamoured these days with the tight-end-who-runs-like-a-deer, there would be a lot more love for RR. He's going to be a fine NFL tight end. Just not that downfield playmaker that people fantasize about. But I think there may be enough playmakers for the Pack that this won't matter as much as people think.

I think that if people weren't so enamoured these days with the tight-end-who-runs-like-a-deer, there would be a lot more love for RR. He's going to be a fine NFL tight end. Just not that downfield playmaker that people fantasize about. But I think there may be enough playmakers for the Pack that this won't matter as much as people think.

Really good point. RR made some plays down field last year. Not a ton but there was enough there to think he was going to get better. It would be a huge help if he can become a decent receiving threat as well as block his position.

Back