Source: Packers fire running backs coach Sam Gash And TE Coach

Cheesedog

Reaction score
Source: Packers fire running backs coach Sam Gash

Eddie Lacy, coach killer....

There's your first small scapegoat move... Gash was RB coach last year too yes? Seems he did a decent job then.. But it's a win now, produce now league...

http://www.wtmj.com/sports/green-bay-packers/report-packers-fire-running-backs-coach-sam-gash
The team gained 1,850 yards on a 4.2 yard average this past year. They gained 1,917 yards on 4.4 yards per carry the year before.

Only a 67 yard difference? Considering Lacy was pounding burgers and skipping cardio I'd say that was a pretty good performance.

Maybe they should also be firing the S&C coach too...

I know replacing an RB coach isn't that hard.. But still think Gash got a raw deal here.

Last edited:
I think it has more to do with the fact that Lacy was in the doghouse most of the year and they had to cut his buddy because of the bad influence and Gash was not able to change the behavior throughout the season.

VanPelt needs to be next or at least relieve him of his WR coaching duties.

Sam Gash: "I just apologize that I didn’t, I guess, get the job done. And that’s totally on me."

i
=
goat.png

poor guy has to say stuff like that to get another job. Tough business

Wow. That is definitely a scapegoat.

The receivers were more of an issue than the RB's. It was also because the o-line was injured and played like crap.

How about we fix the WR issues MM and not fire coaches that really don't deserve it.

Wonder if MM will fire himself for the poorly performing and un motivated offense in general. Will they fire the QB coach since Arod had probably his worst year ever? whistling))

saywhat2) How about that dumbass WR coach who did nothing with his group this year or your buddy the ILB coach who's guys have under performed for 3 years or more ? bh(thumbsdown))

saywhat2) How about that dumbass WR coach who did nothing with his group this year or your buddy the ILB coach who's guys have under performed for 3 years or more ? bh(thumbsdown))

Can't imagine this is the only move, and I believe MM is smart enough to know the AVP dual coaching experiment was an explosive failure for both positions. As for Moss, I'm convinced he has dirty pictures of MM somewhere. If TT is going to devote mediocre talent to the position, at least try to get an exceptional position coach to elevate them.

From my offseason analysis: "MM is here to stay for another season. There need to be some changes, though. I can't see Clements wanting to stay. I can't see Alex Van Pelt retaining control over both the QBs and the WRs. I wonder what Edgar Bennett's role actually is. I bet Jerry Fontenot cries himself to sleep every once in a while."

Complete CYA by MM. Gash was an easy target. Cutting a 10 year vet loose was coldblooded. That won't go unnoticed in coaching circles.

Back