The Khalil Mack Farce

agree with everything said except he isn't overrated. hes a hell of a football player. I would never call him Reggie White (I wouldn't call any player Reggie White except 1) but hes a true blue in this league. There are many different opinions on blues but mine is a top 3 at your position. He is. Watch him play hes a force. He also doesn't miss games due to injury. Overrated.. hardly. Becoming a packer or the silly talk about it, yea please continue the rant haha.
Maybe but JJ Watt was close before injuries

The issue bigger than cap space is cash out year 1. Look at what 12 just got now add another $60m in SB. Just not going to happen

Reports out there that Raiders will take a phone call on Mack but that they would not consider anything under 2 1st round draft picks.

The issue bigger than cap space is cash out year 1. Look at what 12 just got now add another $60m in SB. Just not going to happen

It's one thing to swing a big trade where compensation is the main issue. It's also one thing to sign a player to a massive new deal in UFA. This is both of those things combined. Very very difficult. An org COULD make it work, even with the AR contract, but that org would need to be willing to backload a deal and that is not the Packers org. As sure as the sun rises in the east, Russ Ball will not backload a contract.

It's clear the Packers made an offer, which tells me they viewed a trade and signing as viable. I would not have been happy had they given up the same value as the Bears, and I do worry about how the CAP numbers would have limited the Packers going forward.

I wish someone other than the Bears had gotten him, but it's not clear if he'll make enough of a difference. They'll obviously be better, but their turnaround will depend more on Trubisky than Mack. If Trubisky doesn't work out, the Bears might really regret this deal.

Lastly, there has been a lot of back and forth in shout about how a deal to move Mack would never happen and he'd end up back with the Raiders. I mostly agreed. Clearly, that was incorrect. If an owner/coach/GM want someone gone bad enough, it can happen. No matter how foolish it is.

Lastly, there has been a lot of back and forth in shout about how a deal to move Mack would never happen and he'd end up back with the Raiders. I mostly agreed. Clearly, that was incorrect. If an owner/coach/GM want someone gone bad enough, it can happen. No matter how foolish it is
Have seen very few people that don't think this was a complete reach trade by Chicago, Raiders insiders are saying a ton of folks are livid that Gruden forced the trade.... up until Friday everything I saw or read etc still said it wasn't happening.

Have seen very few people that don't think this was a complete reach trade by Chicago, Raiders insiders are saying a ton of folks are livid that Gruden forced the trade.... up until Friday everything I saw or read etc still said it wasn't happening.

In a pissing match the coach/team usually wins unless you're dealing with an Arod or Brady. Sounds like this was Grudens "i'm in charge now" moment.

For CHI, sounds like a desperate move to attract season ticket holders and people for game day. Their roster isn't anything to write home about. But maybe they're hoping by having Mack they can attract other FAs?

A huge reach in this day and age for sure. CHI gave up a lot for this....

That being said. With the state of our OL, Mack, on his own, could really make things hard on Arod...

Back