Training Camp Day 11 Summary

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Mike McCarthy says this week allows the #Packers to go through a full in-season schedule following their first exhibition game. Reps for certain players will go up/down today and tomorrow based on how they played against the Titans.

McCarthy says the competitive periods of practice will be reduced from this point forward. Now the #Packers focus on working off cards to prepare for specific opponents and practice that type of preparation

McCarthy said the number of injuries influenced the combinations of WRs and DBs they could try against the Titans. He's hoping for more bodies this week to allow the coaches a chance to mix and match.

McCarthy echoes special teams coordinator Ron Zook and thinks the new kickoff rules will encourage teams to bring the ball out more frequently. He says the players are working through the nuances of the rules. It will continue to be a learning process.

Cornerbacks Kevin King (shoulder) and Jaire Alexander (groin) are back in pads today.

On the defensive line, Mike Daniels (quad) and Muhammad Wilkerson (groin) are back in pads as well. Left tackle David Bakhtiari (ankle) is back in pads going through some position drills. Running back Aaron Jones (hamstring) is practicing for the first time in over a week.

JK Scott punted six times. He didn’t hit the ball as solidly: 47, 4.93 50, 3.92 47, 4.35 49, 4.76 56, 4.70 44, 4.58

Right tackle Bryan Bulaga is taking a few team reps for the #Packers. I believe this is the first time he’s done that since tearing his ACL. Making progress

Only #Packers I don’t have practicing are RB Devante Mays, S Jermaine Whitehead and OLB Nick Perry, who remains on PUP.

Jake Kumerow with a spectacular one-handed catch on a deep pass from Tim Boyle.

Aaron Rodgers took the first reps in both team periods with the No. 1 offense, a sign he might play a little bit on Thursday against the Steelers.

OLB Reggie Gilbert playing with ones ahead of Kyler Fackrell.

Kyle Murphy at LT and Adam Pankey at LG to start out first team drill. Byron Bell at RT.

Day 11 is in the books: 1 hour, 50 minutes

McCarthy says the competitive periods of practice will be reduced from this point forward. Now the #Packers focus on working off cards to prepare for specific opponents and practice that type of preparation

So camps over??? Going right into prep after 10 days ?

In fairness if these guys arent in shape before camp thats on them. The way practices are now they arent pounding the conditioning whether its 2 hrs or 4 hrs. I agree they should be going longer but the in shape isnt getting done in camp.

TC overall is soft now I think you see a lot more injuries because players do so little work now there bodies are not ready for this. Before CBA teams could work players more have them in better shape.

No matter how many times we hear how it's the player's responsibility to get in shape, and how these guys need lighter work in camp, I'll continue to shake my head. You need to butt heads, and get the feel of games, along with having your endurance, and physical condition tested, and retested, until you're toned, and ready to go onto the field, and play the number of downs necessary to help your team. The CBA is the main problem.

Hell week in football was exactly that for a reason. It was the starting point that told you that you needed to get ready for it, or you might not make it through to the other side, as a member of the team. You prepared for it, and I do mean, prepared for it.

No matter how many times we hear how it's the player's responsibility to get in shape, and how these guys need lighter work in camp, I'll continue to shake my head. You need to butt heads, and get the feel of games, along with having your endurance, and physical condition tested, and retested, until you're toned, and ready to go onto the field, and play the number of downs necessary to help your team. The CBA is the main problem.

Hell week in football was exactly that for a reason. It was the starting point that told you that you needed to get ready for it, or you might not make it through to the other side, as a member of the team. You prepared for it, and I do mean, prepared for it.
I remember Jerry Kramer saying in his day they never worked out in off-season but you were in TC for like 2 months and back then were worked into the ground so by end of TC you were ready to go.

Back