Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
@[B]Michael_Cohen13[/B] 3h3 hours ago
More
Kentrell Brice is out at practice as an observer today. Walking very slowly and moving with a noticeable limp. It appears to be his right ankle.

Mike Daniels is also observing practice today. He’s been in good spirits since yesterday afternoon. Injury seems minor

Muhammad Wilkerson batted down a pass at the line of scrimmage and hit Aaron Rodgers with the Dikembe Mutombo finger wag. It was awesome

Nine out today. New to list were Brice (ankle), Ryan (knee), kerridge (shoulder) and Daniels (quad). A Jones, Perry, CJ Johnson, Bulaga and Light are others.

Notes from 1-on-1 blitz pickup, RBs vs. ILBs: * Jamaal Williams remains the best RB in pass pro * Oren Burks had a nice up-and-under move to beat Aaron Ripkowski * Undrafted rookie Greer Martini continues to perform well. A name to watch after injury to Jake Ryan

Notes from 1 on 1s between WR/DB: * Tough day for Josh Jackson. He’s really grabby, too * Strong showing for Lenzy Pipkins, including tight coverage on Randall Cobb to force an incompletion and a nice jam on Jake Kumerow * Very rough showing for Herb Waters

Goal line drill ends with Aaron Rodgers rolling right off a play-action fake and finding Jimmy Graham for a touchdown in the back of the end zone. Graham spiked the ball to celebrate. Marwin Evans in coverage.

Day 5 in the books: 2 hours, 40 minutes Quiet day all around

Goal line drill ends with Aaron Rodgers rolling right off a play-action fake and finding Jimmy Graham for a touchdown in the back of the end zone. Graham spiked the ball to celebrate. Marwin Evans in coverage.

I believe the D stuffed three running plays in a row prior to this.

Anyway, interesting that Jake Kumerow has been getting reps with the #1's. You have Adams and Cobb, but maybe there's competition for the 3rd WR in 11 personnel. He's another one of these 6'4/ sub 4.5 guys but maybe a little better with the route running right now. Assuming we only keep 5 WR there will be some really tough cuts in that group.

People have been saying Herb Waters is a sleeper for two years now. Has to be the most well known UDFA who has done nothing ever.

He's one of the 6 herbs and 5 spice girls that are the only people the KFC Twitter account follows.

Ironically, he'd probably have a better chance at WR at this point.

Was at TC yesterday.

Jake Kumrow caught some nice passes. He was working work.
Unfortunately where we chose to sit didn’t have close-ups of a lot of activity. But what I could see when they scrimmaged was that Alexander had his nose in everything. He was tight against his receivers and was able to break up a couple of passes. The defense as a whole seemed to win their match-ups more than the offense.

Watched the QB’s trying to hit “The Basket” but the only one who came close…hit the rim a couple of times was Boyle. It will be interesting to see what they do with him.

Graham is a big dude and had no trouble catching passes from Aaron. Was quite surprised that M. Lewis is so big and tall. He looked about an inch taller than Graham.

Watched the OL go through their drills. Spriggs seemed to do ok from what I could see.

What surprised me the most was how much standing around the players did during the 1st hour. They did their stretches and then stood around listening to a coach or have the coach demonstrate what he wanted. The other thing was, when the defense was stretching Matthews seemed to kinda do his own thing. He didn’t stretch each move as long as the others did and always seemed to be ahead in the stretches that the strength and conditioning people were telling him what to do. Thought that was kinda interesting.

The practice lasted 3 hours since they quit early on Monday due to weather and they have today off…Man was it hot!!! I can’t imagine how hot the players were is pads.

Was at TC yesterday.

Unfortunately where we chose to sit didn’t have close-ups of a lot of activity. But what I could see when they scrimmaged was that Alexander had his nose in everything. He was tight against his receivers and was able to break up a couple of passes. The defense as a whole seemed to win their match-ups more than the offense.

Watched the QB’s trying to hit “The Basket” but the only one who came close…hit the rim a couple of times was Boyle. It will be interesting to see what they do with him.

Graham is a big dude and had no trouble catching passes from Aaron. Was quite surprised that M. Lewis is so big and tall. He looked about an inch taller than Graham.

Watched the OL go through their drills. Spriggs seemed to do ok from what I could see.

What surprised me the most was how much standing around the players did during the 1st hour. They did their stretches and then stood around listening to a coach or have the coach demonstrate what he wanted. The other thing was, when the defense was stretching Matthews seemed to kinda do his own thing. He didn’t stretch each move as long as the others did and always seemed to be ahead in the stretches that the strength and conditioning people were telling him what to do. Thought that was kinda interesting.

The practice lasted 3 hours since they quit early on Monday due to weather and they have today off…Man was it hot!!! I can’t imagine how hot the players were is pads.
Maybe that's why Matthews is always pulling those hammies. Breathe into it, dude. Hold the stretch.

Heard Montravius was looking better, haven't heard word one on Biegel though.

Was at TC yesterday.

Great report ! Thank you !

Back