Training Camp Day 8 Summary

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
Mike McCarthy says David Bakhtiari "has an injury, and it's not of the longterm nature. We'll see how he goes through the rehab."

McCarthy says you like keeping offensive linemen working on one side or the other. We've seen Murphy on the left and Spriggs on the right lately. Unclear if the coaches will rotate them now that Bakhtiari is injured.

McCarthy says he was pleased with Saturday's practice at Lambeau Field. "I thought the work was really good. The tempo, the substitutions, we really didn't have any issues there. Until we go live and tackle, I would say it was a high-quality practice from a video standpoint."

*** Several roster moves for the #Packers: * Signed RB Akeem Judd * Placed ILB Jake Ryan (knee) on IR * Placed OLB C.J. Johnson (hamstring) on IR * Released OL Ethan Cooper

Cornerbacks Kevin King and Jaire Alexander are not in pads today. They aren’t practicing. King has an injured shoulder and Alexander a groing from Saturday night.

Safety Kentrell Brice (ankle) has returned to practice. ~ Kentrell Brice must have been just testing his ankle in warmups because he’s not here anymore. No team work.

Bryan Bulaga (knee) is back at practice today after sitting out Saturday night at Lambeau Field.

DNP for the #Packers: Trevor Davis (hamstring) Kevin King (shoulder, not the one he had surgery on) Jaire Alexander (groin) Devante Mays (hamstring) Aaron Jones (hamstring) Nick Perry (PUP) David Bakhtiari (ankle) Mike Daniels (quad)

JK Scott punted six times: 1) 50, 4.59 2) 49, 4.79 3) 55, 4.64 4) 57, 4.78 5) 53, 4.75 6) 62, 5.03

Josh Jones with really tight coverage on Jimmy Graham. They fell to the ground, and Graham was very slow to get up. Graham is talking with two trainers now.

Graham is back in the drill. Seems like he was just shaken up a bit.

Mason Crosby 8/8 on field goals today. Hit from 33, 35, 40, 42, 44, 47, 49, 50.

Packers receivers and defensive backs are practicing one-on-one tackling onto padded mats.

Day 9 is in the books: 2 hours, 13 minutes

I know it’s just practice but jK Scott looks like one hell of a punter already. Definitely seems like an upgrade so far.

Yeah, well....it's hot out.....
Let's see how he does in the LaBrea Tar Pits for kickers known as Lambeau field once it gets a little chilly out & that football is like kicking a frozen turkey.

We should find out in a few weeks when Wisconsin winter returns.

You almost want to scream when you read shoulder injury and King in the same sentence...........
King injury is troubling. He injured his other shoulder last year in camp. Never got better until GB finally had to shut him down. According to Ryan Wood the secondary didn’t look nearly as good in practice today with those two on the shelf.

King injury is troubling. He injured his other shoulder last year in camp. Never got better until GB finally had to shut him down. According to Ryan Wood the secondary didn’t look nearly as good in practice today with those two on the shelf.

I think technically he injured the other shoulder his freshman or sophomore year of college and never repaired it until this offseason. It’s certainly concerning to see the other one act up. Did anyone watch family night and see if he landed on it funny?

The Alexander injury is maddening because he himself admitted that he didn’t hydrate properly as instructed despite the high humidity warnings and warnings from the coaches that it could cause issues.

Trevor Davis still being out with a hammy means he is losing ground (fast) to Kumerow and the three draft picks for a spot on the WR group. This a bad time for him to being missing TC reps.
They can find someone else, without too much trouble, to stand back there and make fair catches.
His ability to return punts might be his only calling card.
Is it, will it, be enough? nailbite)

And for JK Scott..............62/5.03 is just freaking stupid good! thumbsup

davis might as well not bother coming back at this point. the best he can hope for is an injury settlement.

That new P seems like he has a good leg and decent hang time... But like others said we have to wait and see if he's a workout warrior or the real deal when the speed of an NFL game is rushing at him.

More injuries, more mediocre performances, more hype. Wouldn't be camp without it.

We will have a better idea Thursday... Not much better cause it's still a pre-season game. But will be nice to see something less scripted than a camp practice.

It worries me that Hundley is still here. Like really worries me. It's obvious that Kizer is the better backup, and Boyle has more potential. I'm starting to think MM is thinking to keep 3 QBs and send Boyle to PS... I don't mind sending Boyle to PS, though I have a suspicion since he's having a decent camp it would be Hill all over again and we'd lose him. Just smells like MM and some others in the FO don't want to admit Hundley should be gone. And he'll be taking up a roster spot..

Last edited:
Back