VIDEO: Diamond Stone pushes Badgers Vitto Brown’s head in to court

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
499664734-150x150.jpg

We have a new interpratation of intent to injure — because apparently pushing an opponents head in to the court in anger is no longer worthy of a flagrant 2 and an ejection.

On Saturday, with the Badgers up by 16 points and likely heading in to the half with that lead, Maryland 5-star freshman Diamond Stone decided to tackle Vitto Brown following a rebound and then proceed to push his head square in to the court as he was on the way up.

This is what earned Diamond Stone a tech. pic.twitter.com/rNIr3tVzrR

— Ryan Connors (@ryanconnors11) February 14, 2016

How does that not warrant an ejection? It will be interesting to see how this all plays out with Stone still in the game in the second half

The post VIDEO: Diamond Stone pushes Badgers Vitto Brown’s head in to court appeared first on Madtown Badgers.

Continue reading...

Eddie Wittchow got two games from the B1G for absolutely destroying a gopher with a devastating hit that was borderline illegal (man playing the puck has to be heads-up there).

Stone absolutely has to get more. Physical contact that is not a part of the game with clear intent to cause damage... Shameful. And shame on the refs for not responding appropriately.

Stone should have been ejected. Stone should be suspended for what he did. The refs who decided this was a simple technical should also be suspended.

I'm still trying to figure out how Stone's and Thomas' actions equal out to the same penalty. Stone smacks a guy's head into the floor and it's a simple technical. Thomas comes to his defense and never hits Stone or even touches him but just threatens Stone and defends his guy, and it's the same deal. The refs were idiots.

That video clip of Stone slamming our boy's head is just nasty. FP(
Maybe it's more of a push than a slam, but still.

Maryland gave him a game (against Minnesota), and the B1G agreed.

Stone isn't going to miss anything past the next game.

What a joke. The B1G officiating has been horrendous at times this academic year in all sports.

I wasn't expecting more than a single game so I'm OK with it. Too bad it doesn't hurt the team a little more - they could probably beat Minny playing only their bench guys. Just the way it goes from a timing standpoint.

I suspect Maryland gave him a game because the B1G hinted that they might want to do this themselves before the league reviews it. B1G realizes it makes the team/school look better to have this appear a voluntary suspension. I suspect Maryland wouldn't have done a thing unless the B1G offices "suggested" they should do something.

I am still wondering what the refs were thinking when they ruled "double technical". Just thoroughly asinine. One guy smacks a guys head into the floor, the other guys jaws at the perpetrator but never touches him or swings at him and those are equivalent fouls - really!?!?

Back