Where They Stand: Packers Tight Ends

Ladarius Green would be an interesting FA for us to sign. Hunter would be a good 2nd rounder if he lasts that long.

Ladarius Green would be an interesting FA for us to sign. Hunter would be a good 2nd rounder if he lasts that long.
I have been a big fan of Green and have been saying since the season ended he would be good to bring back. He's had a few injuries but I think he would be still worth bringing in. Also I don't think he would cost a ton either I think you could get him on a 4 year deal for 3 or 4 million a year.

Agree with both of you on Green.

I like Jerrell Adams because of his size and speed in the draft. Of course we have not had great luck with the other Adams we drafted. :)

I have been a big fan of Green and have been saying since the season ended he would be good to bring back. He's had a few injuries but I think he would be still worth bringing in. Also I don't think he would cost a ton either I think you could get him on a 4 year deal for 3 or 4 million a year.
Green has been Packer forums' darling for a while. For good reasons.

But don't think other teams don't want him as well. 3-4M is hiiiiigly unlikely if there's any competition for his services. It can become 5-7M average and heavy guarantees pretty quickly.

I wouldn't even mind 6M, but it's the guarantees that are scary for a guy who hasn't proven himself as a starter. Big risk there.

If I were Green, I'd look for a situation like GB: Great QB, no competition for his exact role, definite contender. So unless the $$$ goes crazy (which it may), we may stand a chance.

I wouldn't stop looking at other options, though. Chicago's Zach Miller came outta nowhere to have a good year, has speed, and is likely waaay cheaper. Whomever gets outta Indy would be an option, too.

Back