Wisconsin Football: Three Wolverines to know for Saturday’s game

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Get to know some opposing players ahead of the Wisconsin football game this Saturday. The Michigan and Wisconsin football teams seem to be trending in different directions. The Badgers, although they have played just one game, have looked good in limited action. The Wolverines, on the other hand, have been disappointing after a big win […]

Wisconsin Football: Three Wolverines to know for Saturday’s game - Badger of Honor - Badger of Honor - A Wisconsin Badgers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Continue reading...

Bucky better be ready in this one. I think Big Blue is going to rebound. Who knows what we'll look like

Vanden Boom is going to have his chance to prove he's got the tools to lead this team. I do believe that the fate of the Badgers in this one relates to how well our RBs can chew up yardage, and move the chains. If they can take pressure off our QB, we might be looking at a decent game from our offense.

I think Leonhard's defense will do a good job slowing down the Michigan defense. We just need to score to make it easier for them to rotate fresh bodies onto the field to keep them on track. We know that conditioning will be somewhat of a problem in this game, so it's going to take a lot of people to succeed.

I thought Mertz was available
Yes the entire 1st group that tested positive has cleared. Chryst made a comment about practice time that gave him some “leeway”. I would assume a depth chart / injury report will be made available today or tomorrow

“Graham, the way that his is timing out, he’s starting that process of coming back,’” Jesse Temple tweeted. “‘His tests are all done. I think he’ll be able to have some practice and we’ll see if it’s enough practice time.’”

Last edited:
Yes the entire 1st group that tested positive has cleared. Chryst made a comment about practice time that gave him some “leeway”. I would assume a depth chart / injury report will be made available today or tomorrow

“Graham, the way that his is timing out, he’s starting that process of coming back,’” Jesse Temple tweeted. “‘His tests are all done. I think he’ll be able to have some practice and we’ll see if it’s enough practice time.’”
The depth chart came out late yesterday... it's 100% the same as the Illinois game and has Mertz starting at QB.

Mertz is in? I thought I'd heard he wouldn't be eligible. Conflicting stories? No surprise there.

Mertz is in? I thought I'd heard he wouldn't be eligible. Conflicting stories? No surprise there.

It's the timing of having had that Friday game with the positive Saturday test. 21 days from that Saturday will be this Friday, making the Saturday against Michigan 22 days after the test.

Reactions: TW
Back