2022 Draft Prediction Thread

I'm just going to get this over with. I know it's still 5 weeks away, but I'll post it and forget about it.
Most likely Gute is going to move around this draft with all that draft capital, could go up or down, but I'm staying put with current slotted picks.

#22: Trevor Penning/OT/UNI
There could be 5 OL players off the board by #22, so he won't last much longer, if he's even there at #22. He has some rough edges that need polishing, but his length/athleticism/demeanor are undeniable. Has an elite RAS of 9.96.

#28: Christian Watson/WR/NDSU
Yes. I know. This is real early for him, but he won't be there by the #53 pick, so if he's "your guy", you go get him. He has been steadily ascending and could continue to climb draft boards as we move closer to the draft and could eventually end up as a high 2nd round pick. A ridiculous RAS of 10 (4.36 Forty/38.5" vertical/11'4" broad) for a 6-4/208# WR. Size/Speed/ST's value. Sometimes you just have to take a shot on a high ceiling prospect.

#53: Logan Hall/Edge-DE/Houston
I've gone back and checked the Combine results for Z-Smith, P-Smith, and Gary. Hall is comparable in traits to all three, but most closely to Z-Smith. Houston lined him up all along the DL. Has an RAS of 9.8. Size/versatility adds up to a player who can help out now in situational packages and be a starter by year 2.

#59: Tre McBride/TE/Colorado St
He was the Alpha receiver on offense for Colorado State. Everyone knew the ball was going to him and they still couldn't stop it. 2021 stats: 90 receptions/1121 yards. He lined up at FB/Slot/In-line/Split out. He's a combo-TE that ML has been wanting to make his offense "complex". He adds value to ST's as well.

#92: Dylan Parham/IOL/Memphis
Versatile IOL who can play OT in a pinch. Could push for a starting job at either OG spot, as well as C. Above average athlete. Ran a 4.93 Forty at the Combine. Blocked on an OL that produced several NFL running backs.

#132: Matt Henningsen/DL/Wisconsin
Led all Badger DL in both tackles and sacks in 2021. Owns an RAS of 9.3. His explosiveness and agility are of elite quality. He's a great candidate to push Lowry at the 4i-5 tech spot. could have ST's value as well.

#140: : Tycen Anderson/Safety/Toledo
Great size at 6-2/210 with an RAS of 9.71. Could be that 3rd Safety I hear Barry talk about. Has Safety/hybrid LB makeup to his game. Could be of immediate value in sub-packages and will make his mark on ST's right away as well with his 4.36 Forty.

#171: Tyquan Thornton/WR/Baylor
A burner at WR with a 4.28 Forty and an RAS of 9.77. Only one year of real production at Baylor, so you're left wondering if he's a one-year-wonder? Or, is his best football still ahead of him? As a Day 3 pick, he's worth the gamble, even if he's only there to take the top off a defense.

#228: Amare' Barno/Edge/Virginia Tech
Player who regressed in 2021 compared to 2020, but has undeniable explosive athleticism with an RAS of 9.72. He needs to add a few pounds to be an effective Edge player and hold up against the run since he's 246#. But his electric speed (4.36) could give OT's fits as a situational rusher early in his rookie year. But this player has ST's demon written all over him, and would be a significant asset to that group.

#249: Isaac Taylor-Stuart/CB/USC
Another High RAS athlete (9.72) with a 4.42 Forty. Will contribute as ST's player early on. He needs work on his technique to unlock his athletic talent. He has been most comfortable/effective in off-man coverage.

#258: Tanner Conner/WR/Idaho State
Late round flyer on a Jeff Janis type player. Ran track at Idaho St as well as football. Legit 10.5 sec 100 meter guy, and he's a big WR at 6-3/230#. Did not really produce until the short spring season on 2021, and then had a solid 2021 fall campaign. Definitely a developmental WR prospect, but a ST's maven right out the gate.

I'm just going to get this over with. I know it's still 5 weeks away, but I'll post it and forget about it.
Most likely Gute is going to move around this draft with all that draft capital, could go up or down, but I'm staying put with current slotted picks.

#22: Trevor Penning/OT/UNI
There could be 5 OL players off the board by #22, so he won't last much longer, if he's even there at #22. He has some rough edges that need polishing, but his length/athleticism/demeanor are undeniable. Has an elite RAS of 9.96.

#28: Christian Watson/WR/NDSU
Yes. I know. This is real early for him, but he won't be there by the #53 pick, so if he's "your guy", you go get him. He has been steadily ascending and could continue to climb draft boards as we move closer to the draft and could eventually end up as a high 2nd round pick. A ridiculous RAS of 10 (4.36 Forty/38.5" vertical/11'4" broad) for a 6-4/208# WR. Size/Speed/ST's value. Sometimes you just have to take a shot on a high ceiling prospect.

#53: Logan Hall/Edge-DE/Houston
I've gone back and checked the Combine results for Z-Smith, P-Smith, and Gary. Hall is comparable in traits to all three, but most closely to Z-Smith. Houston lined him up all along the DL. Has an RAS of 9.8. Size/versatility adds up to a player who can help out now in situational packages and be a starter by year 2.

#59: Tre McBride/TE/Colorado St
He was the Alpha receiver on offense for Colorado State. Everyone knew the ball was going to him and they still couldn't stop it. 2021 stats: 90 receptions/1121 yards. He lined up at FB/Slot/In-line/Split out. He's a combo-TE that ML has been wanting to make his offense "complex". He adds value to ST's as well.

#92: Dylan Parham/IOL/Memphis
Versatile IOL who can play OT in a pinch. Could push for a starting job at either OG spot, as well as C. Above average athlete. Ran a 4.93 Forty at the Combine. Blocked on an OL that produced several NFL running backs.

#132: Matt Henningsen/DL/Wisconsin
Led all Badger DL in both tackles and sacks in 2021. Owns an RAS of 9.3. His explosiveness and agility are of elite quality. He's a great candidate to push Lowry at the 4i-5 tech spot. could have ST's value as well.

#140: : Tycen Anderson/Safety/Toledo
Great size at 6-2/210 with an RAS of 9.71. Could be that 3rd Safety I hear Barry talk about. Has Safety/hybrid LB makeup to his game. Could be of immediate value in sub-packages and will make his mark on ST's right away as well with his 4.36 Forty.

#171: Tyquan Thornton/WR/Baylor
A burner at WR with a 4.28 Forty and an RAS of 9.77. Only one year of real production at Baylor, so you're left wondering if he's a one-year-wonder? Or, is his best football still ahead of him? As a Day 3 pick, he's worth the gamble, even if he's only there to take the top off a defense.

#228: Amare' Barno/Edge/Virginia Tech
Player who regressed in 2021 compared to 2020, but has undeniable explosive athleticism with an RAS of 9.72. He needs to add a few pounds to be an effective Edge player and hold up against the run since he's 246#. But his electric speed (4.36) could give OT's fits as a situational rusher early in his rookie year. But this player has ST's demon written all over him, and would be a significant asset to that group.

#249: Isaac Taylor-Stuart/CB/USC
Another High RAS athlete (9.72) with a 4.42 Forty. Will contribute as ST's player early on. He needs work on his technique to unlock his athletic talent. He has been most comfortable/effective in off-man coverage.

#258: Tanner Conner/WR/Idaho State
Late round flyer on a Jeff Janis type player. Ran track at Idaho St as well as football. Legit 10.5 sec 100 meter guy, and he's a big WR at 6-3/230#. Did not really produce until the short spring season on 2021, and then had a solid 2021 fall campaign. Definitely a developmental WR prospect, but a ST's maven right out the gate.
I like it danno! Very similar to mine. I'm finishing up and then just locking it in as I know that Gutey will be moving and shaking with the draft capital, and at that point, it's a needle in the haystack

#22:Christian Watson WR/NDSU

#28: Daniel Faalele OT/Minnesota

#53: Jalen Pitre S/Baylor

#59: Leo Chenal LB/UW

#92: Josh Paschal Edge/UK

#132: Romeo Doubs WR/Nevada

#140: : Thomas Booker DT/Stanford

#171: Thayer Munford OL/OSU

#228: Daniel Bellinger TE/SDSU

#249: Tyrion Davis-Price RB/LSU

#258: Nick Zakelj OT/Fordham

Edited: 3/31

Last edited:
#22: Kaiir Elam CB/Florida

#28: Bernhard Raimann OT/Central Michigan

#53: Christian Watson WR/NDSU

#59: Leo Chenal LB/UW

#92: Josh Paschal Edge/UK

#132: Romeo Doubs WR/Nevada

#140: : Thomas Booker DT/Stanford

#171: Thayer Munford OL/OSU

#228: Daniel Bellinger TE/SDSU

#249: Tyrion Davis-Price RB/LSU

#258: Nick Zakelj OT/Fordham
Raimann, Chenal, Paschal, Doubs, Booker, and Bellinger are all guys I’ve had in my “mix” as I’ve been digesting my thoughts!

While I’m surprised with the #22 pick, I think this is a very good draft.

Nice job Bud!
(Cant believe I haven’t been paying attention. I just noticed it!)

Raimann, Chenal, Paschal, Doubs, Booker, and Bellinger are all guys I’ve had in my “mix” as I’ve been digesting my thoughts!

While I’m surprised with the #22 pick, I think this is a very good draft.

Nice job Bud!
(Cant believe I haven’t been paying attention. I just noticed it!)
Raimann is a guy who can start day one at RT

Back