Not open for further replies.

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net

2022 Training Camp Update: July 27th​

Injuries: OL David Bakhtiari (PUP-knee), K Mason Crosby (PUP-?), OL Elgton Jenkins (PUP-knee), LB Randy Ramsey (PUP-?), TE Robert Tonyan (PUP-knee), WR Christian Watson (pup-?), RB Kylin Hill (PUP-knee), OT Rasheed Walker (NFI-?), WR Sammy Watkins (NFI-?), DB Keisean Nixon (NFI-?)

Not Practicing / Limited: LB Jonathan Garvin, WR Malik Taylor, DT Akial Byers

Offense:

• Starting offense: Yosh - Runyan - Myers - Hanson - Newman Jones Winfree - Lazard Lewis - Davis Rodgers
  • Rodgers unloads one over the middle to Lazard. Nice catch in traffic that draws reaction from fans as well.
  • second offensive line: Zach Tom, Michal Menet, Jake Hanson, Sean Rhyan, Cole Van Lanen.
  • Ok Tyler Goodson. Hell of a cut and some juice!!! Nice job by Tom & Menet blocking.
  • Rodgers gets his first free play of practice as Lowry jumps offsides.
  • First team period of camp ends with Danny Davis going vertical to make a nice grab on a PA rollout from Love. Across the body toss and Danny Davis leaped to get it.
  • Juwann Winfree plays through contact and makes a nice deep pass snag from Rodgers to open second team period. Contested catch with Eric Stokes in coverage. Gary beasted Royce Newman with a power move and probably would have had a sack.
  • Josh Myers with a shotgun snap to Aaron Rodgers before the QB was ready for it.
  • Romeo Doubs just mossed Kabion Ento on a underthrown jump ball from Etling. Very big wow play from 87.
  • Toure with a catch from Etling. Prob should have been broken up by Kabion.
  • Aaron Rodgers tossed a jump ball deep down the middle to Allen Lazard in single coverage with Adrian Amos. A trust throw. Amos got a hand on it but Lazard somehow still managed to secure it. Got up and spun the football to celebrate after.
  • Aaron Rodgers under pressure throws a dart on a short left slant to Amari Rodgers who “sits”for a first down. Number 12 gives Amari the thumbs up for a heads up play.
  • Packers rookie Christian Watson on the PUP list (still unknown why) but he’s out there learning with the WRs. WR Sammy Watkins watching practice as well.
  • Some early pony package (2 rbs) here at practice. A little read that ends in a handoff to Dillon and a nice gain.
  • No sign of a starting OL rotation yet - it’s been Hanson at RG and Newman at RT.
  • Since he arrived, Matt LaFleur has implored Jordan Love to “let it rip” out of his hand. He just threw maybe hardest ball we’ve seen from him to Amari Rodgers, perfect pass low over middle to avoid hit from a DB. Good catch from Rodgers, but exactly what LaFleur wants from Love.
  • BJ Baylor with some juice up the middle on a big run.
  • Josiah Deguara lays out for one and gets a ball from Rodgers.
  • Now that was a nice ball and read from Love. Hit Toure low but it was exactly where it needed to be. Nice rip from 10.
  • Great job staying alive and being ready by Dafney as Rodgers finds him late rolling to his right and throwing back to the middle of the field. Gotta stay ready with 12. Could come to you at any time, any place on the field.
Defense:

• Starting defense: Reed - Slaton - Clark Campbell - Quay Jaire - Stokes Amos - Savage
  • Slaton with a nice quick pressure inside.
  • Kenny Clark at 3-tech with Dean Lowry not practicing during offseason. Lowry is back, and Clark has slid back inside with Jarran Reed at 3 and Lowry at 5.
  • Rasul comes in with the nickel and plays the slot.
  • Rodgers has gone to Lazard a couple times early. Jaire Alexander just broke one up near the sideline because he’s an elite football player. Jaire after the play "“I got that shit man.”
  • Quay with some sideline to sideline juice to make the “tackle” on Jones on an outside run.
  • Shemar as next man up at CB after Jaire/Stokes/Douglas.
  • Stokes does a great job using the sideline as his help. Just stayed in Doubs pocket downfield. Great coverage.
  • I’m almost positive Quay just called the play for the defense. Would be a very early big step for him.
  • Ty Summers just punched the ball out from Patrick Taylor. Defense recovers for the first turnover of camp.
Special Teams:

• Josh Myers and Tyler Davis the wings on field goals.

Practice has ended after 1 hr 28 min.

Next Event:
Practice tomorrow, July 28th 10:30AM CT.

Media:

Interviews:

Gutekunst Presser:

• Patrick Taylor and Dean Lowry, Caleb Jones and Caliph Brice are coming off injured lists today
  • No timetable on Bakhtiari per Gute. Mentions the seriousness of the injury. Says he had another procedure in the offseason. "We are cautiously optimistic."
  • Elgton is doing great, per Gute. "Hopefully that will be soon." "He's ahead of schedule."
  • Gutekunst on Sammy Watkins/PUP: "Sammy is a very short-term thing. I think you'll see him out there very soon."
  • Christian (Watson) came out of OTA's with an injury, will miss a little bit of camp but won't be anything long term.
  • Brian Gutekunst on the veteran WR market: “I don’t think right now, we’re really looking to add anything … I really like the group we have.”
LaFleur Presser:

• LaFleur admits it’ll be a challenge getting Christian Watson up to speed with him missing practice. Says he picked up offense quickly in offseason. No expectations on when he’ll get up to speed.
  • LaFleur: "I've learned more about special teams than I have in my life, just sitting in (Bisaccia's) meetings...he's not afraid to call anyone out, including myself."

Wonder what Crosby issue is or if they just want to try to save his leg as much as possible since he is been kicking going into year 16.

Just prior to Wednesday's first practice, Gutekunst also wasn't putting any timeline on Bakhtiari's return to the field but remains "cautiously optimistic" he could be ready for Week 1 at Minnesota.

By the way, it looks like Bak had another procedure on his knee after the 2nd surgery.

That is 3 surgeries, drains, or scopes? Sounds like he may have a big issue.

Anyone else confirm anything?

Hilarious. Nicely done, AR.

About losing Adams and going to Lazard:

“Yeah, I mean, it’s always tough going from Hall of Famer to Hall of Famer,” Rodgers said. “From Davante to Allen, it’s gonna be a transition, but he’s capable of a lot.”

By the way, it looks like Bak had another procedure on his knee after the 2nd surgery.

That is 3 surgeries, drains, or scopes? Sounds like he may have a big issue.

Anyone else confirm anything?
This is where I'm at. It's been over a year and a half, and it's still not right. That suggests it ain't never going to be right. Even if he does come back at some point, it would seem that it'll be a replay of the Detroit game - he plays, it swells, he sits. I think he's done.

They need to really consider if Nijman is the starting left tackle of the future, and plan accordingly.

This is where I'm at. It's been over a year and a half, and it's still not right. That suggests it ain't never going to be right. Even if he does come back at some point, it would seem that it'll be a replay of the Detroit game - he plays, it swells, he sits. I think he's done.

They need to really consider if Nijman is the starting left tackle of the future, and plan accordingly.
I'm concerned for Bahktiari as well. Doesn't look good for him right now. I hope Jenkins rebound well and plays at some point this year.

That's a lot of offensive guys out who you're banking on being major contributors (Watson, Watkins, Tonyan, Bahk, Jenkins). At the point where I'd be kinda surprised if Watkins even makes the 53-man cut. As excited as I am about the defense, looks like they're really gonna have to carry us in the early part of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back